Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Robinson Way, CCA Return for old Burton Card

I have recently had a CCA response from Robinson Way, regarding an old Burton card account. The CCA they have sent however relates to another older and closed account in my name, as the account numbers are different.

Just wondering what the best approach is now.

They have resumed collection activities but at present just threatening to send e-mails, letters & phone callsicon.
    Is it worth responding at the moment to point out the error or should I just let it run it's course for a while and see where it goes?

Any advice would be appricated.

Many thanks.

Default Re: Robinson Way, CCA Return for old Burton Card

I'd be ignoring the silly little children.

How old is this Burtons agreement?

Guessing it doesn't show on your CRF anymore?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by B_B19 View Post
    They have resumed collection activities but at present just threatening to send e-mails, letters & phone callsicon..
    And that's all it is, idle childish threats, however when they do start their criminal offence of harassment, you can then take them to the cleaners.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Follows
    Following

Haha thanks Bazooka Boo

Ignore them I will then. I've already blocked their phone number and their threat to call me at work is pretty empty considering they don't know my place of work.

Both the accounts are no longer showing on my CRF file so there is nothing to worry about there.

How long would you say before it's harrasment? I've had an e-mail & a letter in the past week or so, so I don't think it's that bad at present.

why did you send them a CCA Requesticon?

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

It was an account that was on a DMP for years but I started self managing it, so sent off the CCA Requesticon & stopped making payments at the same time.

so you put a 16 digit number on your CCA Requesticon
    and they've sent back te other one?

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Yes thatís right the account numbers donít match. The CCA returned is from 2000 where as the transaction list starts from 2005. The transaction list is for the account number on the CCA Requesticon but the CCA is not.

Their threat about contacting work. Was it in writing or over the phone

Re contacting work - it is in writing.

Tut tut. They're not allowed to do that

Ok thanks good to know, I donít think Iíll raise it though at the moment, Iíll just see what happens, from as far as you can tell it canít be enforced as things stand.

it would seem for the past year Robinson Way have been content in sending me the same letter all of which I have not responded too.
    Due to the fact they have not correctly satisfied my CCA Requesticon because the copy CCA sent does not match the account number they refer to.

I have today however just received a lettericon advising that the matter has been referred to their re-connection team who are going to review the matter with a view to a home visit.

Just wondering if anyone could let me know the correct approach to take?

ignore them. If anyone turns up, tell them in whatever way you want to get lost or youll call 101.

Those letters are very likely automated and no human apart from you has read them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Re-connection team!!!! That is hilarious, almost as good as their pre legal departments, what utter imbeciles, no wonder they're the laughinb stock of this industry.

Just ignore the fools, alternatively give them a call and ask what biscuits do they want with their tea.

Follows
    Following

eh..you hold these 2 wires a minute mr DCAicon at my door and i'll reconnect you..

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    eh..you hold these 2 wires a minute mr DCAicon at my door and i'll reconnect you..

Follows
    Following

Haha ok great thanks guys. Yes I'm not sure why they keep sending these letters, it's probably cost them close to the amount they allege I owe already