Xercise4less and Harlands problems

elelephant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am very sorry to be posting such a familiar tale, but am also thankful to have come across this site.

I joined Xercise4less as a rolling monthly member in February, as I knew that I would move before the year and chose not to sign up to a years contract for this reason.

I moved away recently,

so went in to the gym in October time and spoke to a member of staff about cancelling the membership,

they advised me that I could cancel it when I liked as I was a rolling monthly member,

so I cancelled my direct debit and thought nothing more of it.

Until.....

I was checking through my email and had received one from Harlands stating that I owed £19.99 and a £25 admin fee, which would increase by £25 if not paid by 6th December.

I thought there must had been a mistake, so contacted the gym.

The member of staff I spoke to admitted there had been fault by the staff who was new and not aware of the procedure,

although said it was nothing to do with them,

and I was subsequently passed from pillar to post between Harlands and Xercise4less

with both feigning ignorance and saying that neither of them could clear the charge.

I offered to pay the original £19.99, but not the £44.99 given that this was due to miscommunication,

however I did this by phone and the terrible Harlands staff member was just very rude and said there was no way she could remove the charge without confirmation from the gym that they were at fault (which they refused to do) and told me that I just had to pay (which I didn't).

Of course I am very anxious about being charged a lot of money/being chased by debt collectors, but have found this site reassuring.

Please could someone advise me of the best course of action?

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

El

Ignore the email, and complain to the gym direct.

Stay OFF the phone from now on.

DO NOT talk to Charlatans, lodge a formal complaint with the gym, and exhaust their complaints procedure, also get on to their (the Gyms') social media sites, and embarrass them on there about how they treat their customers.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Ele and welcome to CAG

Use one of my drafts to offer Harlands a final gym fee but none of their admin charges. See here for a letter you can adapt and follow the same advice about proof of posting from the PO.

See here - adapt and use :-

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476155-Help-with-harlands!&p=5012255&viewfull=1#post5012255

Keep us posted ............

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)