Cap 1 have refunded to card after court papers issued - is this right?

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cap1 cough quite nicely.

esp on PPI when you get passed the initial fob off letter.

dx

Really? A lot of threads I read seem to indicate that they like Egg lol.

I've done the questionnaire but she isn't sure if she did online or over the phone lol an they've not responded to her DOA request so we don't know how much to claim - can we put the questionnaire in and let them calculate a claim?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

then await the SAR?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, I the stuff for this claim is on it's way from Cap 1.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

I am claiming for a friend and they have a cap1 account.

They aren't sure whether there was PPI on it and they did claim their charges back years and years ago.

Furthermore, there is no credit agreement that complies with section 78 of the CCA so cap 1 keep sending it to debt collectors,

who send it straight back when we point out that there is no agreement.

Do we need to go for another DPA or can I just send the questionnaire saying we can't remember if it was on there?

Ideas?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

i would not use it to speculate

send an sar

first

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agreed SAR 1st do nothing until you get the data,you could try ''specificall requestin a copy of the agreement'' but there is no obligation on the creditor to supply it with a SAR, it does sometimes work.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks guys, I've sent a SAR

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 4 years later...

Good afternoon,

I entered an arrangement with my Capital One card with reduced payments for a temporary time, due to redudnacy.

I have made every payment, as agreed and on time.

I checked my credit file and noticed they had uploaded some late payment makrers

- 1 on one month, then 2 then 1 and 0 for the latest payment.

I have made a complaint about this,

and have bene told that this is their process,

despite them admitting the adviser on the phone did not advise me they would show as late payments.

Is this the correct process for them to follow?

I don't think they have understood,

nor taken owenership of my complaint,

as they offered their final repsonse on the phone before even listening to the call and have referred me to the Ombudsman since.

I also don't understand how they can show them as late payments when I have not made any late payments?

I am going to write to the Ombudsman, as I have not got anywhere with Capital One and I feel there was a lack of understanding and owenership from Capital One.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Ah, ok.

What do you mean by "as long as details correct that is"?

Also, I don't understand why they do it - other lenders don't and when the latest payment is marked ok, how can some of the others not be?! It's so confusing and they have not given me a clear reason - I've been given contradicting, and frankly, incorrect information multiple times by Capital One advisers.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

they have to record a true situation i.e. correct reporting and not report something which is not true. other lender do believe you me, been there wrote the Review and read it as well and still being reported as such after few years.

Reason you are in a reduced payment situation therefore they are reporting the same, call centre staff well that is all they are, and be honest some are not bright, but at the end of the day records have to be made and true situation reported

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

is the debt not already defaulted in its summary.

and they

Thanks Old Cogger - I still don't really undersand how it's an accurate situaton as no payments have bene made late. Flaggin the account as in arrangement, and even arrears, I can understand but not late payment markers. It's evne more confusing now that my latest payment has been uploaded as made on time whne nothing has changed at all.

The other lenders have not added late paymnet markers to my accounts, just that it is in an arrangement.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

No, no, it's not defaulted. I was offered a temporary arrangement with reduced payments, as my situation was temporary.

That's what I don't understand - payments have been made on the dates requested in the letters, none have been missed or late.

My charges claims:

Default removals: