Land Rover main dealer damaged my car

lyonsdown2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Land rover main dealer had my car to do a service.They were supposed to have it overnight, but heard nothing from them the following day.I tried calling them but couldn't get through to anyone.

Now I know why..spoke to them today and they admitted they had an accident in it. They never informed of this, so I don't know what damage was or how it happened.They say they've nearly repaired it.

obviously they have waived service fee, but I must be due to compensation as:

1. I didn't have use of my car for a lost a week, and lost work as I coudln't attend my customers.

2.they have been negligent with my car, and didn't inform me ( I may have wanted to get it repaired at my own garage)

what do i do?

You can only claim for losses, and I can’t see how you have lost by not being able to choose your own garage.

They should have offered you a courtesy car. If you could have lost less by hiring a car you can only claim for that (“mitigating your loss”)

If they are a main dealer you’d have trouble claiming any extra loss by them not allowing you to go to your own garage. The issue is usually in reverse, when a garage won’t allow you to use a main dealer!