DPD banned us

Philx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our family do a large amount of online shopping, to the point we know the names of most of our drivers. Two weeks ago DPD claimed to have delivered a parcel. When investigated it was signed by a Smith ! No one in this road is called Smith. I sent an email to the company I had purchased from and they said they would investigate. The next day a belligerent DPD driver turned up with a notepad and told me there was a serious incident at our house. I was initially calm and said clearly it had been delivered to Smith. I found this amusing ( parcel was worth £34.97) he said as we were a security risk we could get banned. I laughed again which clearly agitated him. He then accused me of being dishonest. I pointed out the same day DHL had delivered a parcel for £235 and if I was dishonest I would have had that one. He claimed the police could be involved , by then I lost my patience told him he had no right to commit an arbitrary investigation and told him to remove himself from my property. After all that I have found out DPD have blacklisted us. The only contact we have had from DPD is this driver. As their is a National Helpline the operators cannot explain why we have been blacklisted. Absurd. Any suggestions?

Order on Amazon Prime (as much as you can of the shopping you are buying online anyway).

If they despatch it DPD and DPD don’t deliver it next day, complain to Amazon. Make sure they credit you : you should get a month’s extension as compensation.

You get extra Prime, free. DPD’s metrics on Amazon will take a hammering for their foolishness. Win-Win.

I have had various phone calls from DPD customer services they track their drivers. Have confirmed driver delivered parcel to wrong address. My daughter has been taking advantage of Black Friday week and has put a lot of orders through ASOS. DPD have them all down as refused by customer. With their tracking they have worked out the same driver is responsible and have evidence he does not even enter our road ! They have apologised profusely yet still it carries on. They cannot get through to the local depot and escalate the issue.

Customer Service have admitted there is nothing they can do. DPD have a complaints form but all that happens is the same performance.

Over the years I have worked in retail stock loss, transport and customer service and I have never come along such a Kafkaesque situation.

Surely it isn't your problem in the sense that the seller is responsible for getting your order delivered to you? If it really turns out to be true that DPD have blacklisted you the seller will just have to find someone else to deliver! I'm not clear whether DPD really have. Are DPD drivers employees of DPD, or are they like Yodel, self employed people working on their own account?

Do find it really strange that DPD Customer Service in this day and age of technology which they use cannot contact the local depot involved.

As it is still happening go above Customer Service:

Mr Dwain McDonald

Chief Executive

DPDgroup UK Ltd

Roebuck Lane

Smethwick

West Midlands

B66 1BY

Company Number: 00732993

(Endole link: http://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/00732993-dpdgroup-uk-ltd?page=people-contacts)

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 0121 698 3862

(ceoemail: https://www.ceoemail.com/)

As has been mentioned whether the Delivery Driver is Self Employed they may be you would need to ask see link:

https://drivers.dpd.co.uk/

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group