advice on letter from arrow global

millyme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

whats the debt all about?

who was the original creditor..

just remember

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and has

NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no what was the original debt and to whom?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

noddle

clearscore

Equifax.

websites

and they

Original letter could have been a phishing one as in blanket mail to similar sounding names hoping someone will bite.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thank you for reply, do i need to worry about this mm

We dont know because you dont seem to want answer any questions......only you can see the letter....what its for what type of debt...how much...account etc etc.

Check your credit reference files on line as already advised and see if its on your files as a default.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Do as advised, these DCA's will go after people with similar names on the debt they bought.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

i am sorry, but i am new to this forum, as i said i recieved a letter from arrow global,i opened it as my name was on it, the letter said that drysdens fairfax were dealing with my account,i dont have an account, i dont owe money to anyone, never have, i would like some advise please, m m

If the letter does not state what the account is.....account number or what the debt relates to......or who originally owned the debt that they bought it from ...ignore them.

You have never ever had any credit with any company in your lifetime and therefore do not need to check your credit register files.

Safe to ignore

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Mrs Homer had one of these a few years back, I spotted it was a 'phishing' letter and ignored it.

Nothing else ever came.

These DCA's send out multiple letters to people with a similar name to a debtor in the hope that the real debtor will panic and own up - that's known as phishing (fishing but spelled wrong).

Mrs Homer had one of these a few years back, I spotted it was a 'phishing' letter and ignored it.

Nothing else ever came.

These DCA's send out multiple letters to people with a similar name to a debtor in the hope that the real debtor will panic and own up - that's known as phishing (fishing but spelled wrong).

Depends how much information is in the actual letter....and if it is relevant to the recipient...just because Arrow write and you dont recall a debt....it may be a catalogue/phone debt from years back that you was not aware had accrued a balance from an error.....you have moved home since and not informed the original creditor...next thing you know you have a CCJ on your files relating to a previous address.

i am sorry, but i am new to this forum, as i said i recieved a letter from arrow global,i opened it as my name was on it, the letter said that drysdens fairfax were dealing with my account,i dont have an account, i dont owe money to anyone, never have, i would like some advise please, m m

In that case then, do nothing, await anything further, don't contact them until they furnish you with the details of what it is they're bleating on about.

And check your credit file.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When people move house generally they move to somewhere only a few miles from where they were before.

That encourages these debt collectors to send out generic letters to everyone with a similar name as the debtor in a certain geographical area and hope that people either admit owing the money or at least respond and say it isnt them.

what tends to happen though is if no-one admits owing the money

they apply pressure and make notes on people's credit files to anyone who happens to stay on their radar and demand you prove you dont owe the money.

This is unlawful but if you fall for their phishing letter you are unlikely to know what to do about this chicanery anyway

so get tempted to pay up even though it isnt your debt.

They dont care as long as someone pays up.

Not responding makes it harder for them to work out if you are or arent the target and what you know.

If you respond they will be filling in the blank spaces on their paperwork so provide a dob and suddenly that will be on their files and they have got past the CRA security so they can access your files and screw them up.