Notice of disposal of vechile

vialli69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question.,

I sold a car to a trader in November 2016 he paid cash and notified the DVLA straightaway of the change of ownership,

This morning one year later I received the letter from Mansfield recovery stating that on 10/12/2016 the car had been either involved in an accident or been abandoned we have been informed that you are the last registered keeper.

The next paragraph reads

We are advised that you have previously informed the DVLA that you are no longer owner/keeper of the above vehicle,

however . we are obliged by law to write to you to advise that within seven days from the date of this letter the vehicle maybe disposed of.

In order to trace the person responsible for the vehicle, we request that you contact us as soon as possible.

This was sent to me this morning recorded delivery it also had a couple of other pages with statutory charges for disposing of vehicles.

I have no idea of this person it was sold to over a year ago and it was sent on to the DVLA.

Is it a legal obligation for them to write to me?

Why have they waited for almost a year?

Didnt you send off the v5 to the DVLA? Strange how they accuse then contract themselves tho. I'd either ignore them or a simple short letter that states the car was sold over a year ago, documents were forwarded to the DVLA so the car has absolutely nothing to do with you, nor do you care about the car.

They are just recovery agents who came in receipt of a crashed car. Tell them its nothing to do with you and let them do what they want with the car. Make sure that you tell them that under no circumstances will you pay ANYTHING, as all regulation was complied with when you sold the vehicle.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes, the change of ownership was done the following day with confirmation sent back to me the following week,

Then either ignore, or tell them to jog on and do their job correctly.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Then completely and totally ignore the recovery company