PPI info request on a Barclayloan

Hollysastar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently started a PPI reclaim on a loan I knew I had from Barclays.

I have always banked with Barclays and still do.

I took the loan in 1999 for £5000 over 60 months.

Initially Barclays could find no evidence of this despite the repayments coming from the account I still have.

I found my original certificate of PPI which included all the details including loan agreement number and photocopied this and sent it in.

I'm now at the stage where they're requesting further information after reopening my case.

My questions are:

how can I prove I did not need PPI?

My employer at the time did provide sickness pay but I haven't kept my old staff handbook or old statements to prove this.

I didn't have any medical conditions and I don't think I'll have taken a day off work for the entire duration of the loan to ever need the sickness policy.

So I'm stuck with progressing at the mo.

Can I add I was 23 at the time and still living with my parents

had no priority bills as such other than this loan.

I also didn't have many savings either as a wayward 23 year old.

But the further information request is asking how could I have paid for the loan if I'd suddenly become unemployed?

Would my lack of savings at the time be worth not pursuing the PPI reclaim for?

Have you contacted your old employer to get confirmation of the sickness pay? They should be prepared to tell you without any problem – but if there is any objection from them then you should send them an SAR.

In addition to that, was the PPI discussed with you by the bank? Where you lead to believe that it was optional or where you lead to believe that it was part of the loan package?

Most importantly, where you given any information about the commission which would be paid to the person who sold you the PPI? If the answer is no then you should make this clear is one of your grounds for saying that the PPI was mis-sold. Take an aggressive stance with the bank and make it clear to them that you are fed up with their dishonesty and that you will be going to the FOS if they cause any trouble

did you work for a large company or say a local or educational authority?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Holly and welcome to CAG

Further to BF's comments above in para #2, it's also possible the Barclays staff member said that the loan may be more likely to be granted IF you agreed.

I know of cases where customers were told the PPI would mean the loan was more likely to be passed, but it would be more carefully scrutinised if PPI was declined.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

At the time of taking out the loan I was an assistant shop manager for Sears clothing who were/are an American company and owned Miss Selfridge, Warehouse and Wallis.

I had a company sickness policy with them and no way would have signed up for paying ppi if I'd have known financially what it entailed. I didn't need it!

I know that sounds ignorant on my part but it wasn't until I had almost repaid the loan that I worked out exactly what ppi meant financially and I believed I'd signed for it so I was stuck with it.

Sears clothing sold their business to Arcadia group whilst I was working for them.

They owned Top Shop, Burton, Principles etc so it became the main high street retailer. A huge company.

I absolutely remember being told my loan application was more likely to go through if I ticked ppi.

I don't know how on earth I can prove that though!

can I guess this is a Barclays ppi questionnaire asking for this info?

as theyhave loaded questions specifically geared toward rejecting your claim.

did you use a copy of the FOS customer questionnaire with your complaint to them?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It appears to be..

.it's 2 sides of A4 of specific questions within a letter.

Amongst the security of my employment, general health and sickness policy

it asks for details on any savings I held (28 years ago).

I didn't have any savings,

or I wouldn't have taken a loan in the first place,

but I also lived at my parents still and had no priority bills.

My main issue is being unable to prove my employers at the time did offer a company sick pay scheme.

Emailing Sears in America and asking them for a brand specific, UK staff handbook from 1999 wouldn't get too much response I wouldn't think.

is it part of their letter or something separate?

but you can look at this the otherway.

they have to prove otherwise.

as an assistant manager and with sears being a very large multinational corp it would be pretty much given that they would give high end benefits to their managerial staff

typically +6mts full pay and atleast +6mts 1/2 pay..

as for saving

you were LWP and at that age would be expected to be saving to move out

so would have had savings.

after 28yrsyou have no paperwork no would you be expected to have

and they

The questions are:*medical conditions? I had none.

* savings? How much and where?

* Evidence of take home pay at the time. Not sure I can find evidence for this!

* Evidence of company sick-pay policy inc. length of cover.

* Evidence of how I would have repaid the loan due to sickness, unemployment etc.

* Evidence of insurance with anyone else to meet loan repayments if unable to work?

* Where the sale of ppi took place? Who I spoke to? What information I was given?

Instead of working this morning I'm now having to trawl through every box of paperwork I own in the hope I can find an old payslip!

ignore their form

did you use a copy of the fos customer questionnaire with your initial complaint to them?

and they

ruddy useless resolver again...waste of time with PPI reclaims.

send Barclays this..

and they