Holiday Entitlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Can anyone please tell me if an employee that has worked for a company 7 hours a week for 1 year, is entitled to holiday pay?

If the amount of work hours above does not meet the amount that is required for entitlement. Can anyone please tell me how many working hours a week someone has to work to qualify for holiday pay?

Thanks

your paid holiday entitlement is approximately 12% of your total hours worked. Doesnt matter how the hours accrue, if you worked for a few hours a year you are still entitled. so if literally 7 hours/week for 52 weeks would give you a paid holiday entitlement of 43 hours at your normal pay rate. Some companies pay a salary uplift but if they do this will be explained in your employment terms and also reflected in your pay accurately. It is not a favoured method though.

I do a bit of tutoring at a local college, only a few hours and very much a case of as and when needed but I still accrue holiday entitlement to be paid in Jan the next year

I made this comment on the other thread by the OP. But we just need to be sure that this person is an employee or worker - we cannot be certain of of that simply because they say it. Many casual or staff on low hours may be self employed. And are we sure that they don't get the holiday? What happens at Christmas, for example. It would be useful to know why the OP is asking here, rather than with the company they work for. We don't want to give bad advice based on assumptions, and land them up to their neck when they assert something that isn't correct!