Lowell claimform - old Talk Talk landline/broadband debt

mackem67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

My partner has just received a county court claim form in respect of an old Talk Talk account.

He terminated his agreement with Talk Talk as he was moving home and no longer required the service.

Talk Talk then advised he would be charged for the remainder of his contract.

My partner disputed this and has not paid.

The initial required payment was around £150 and this has now escalated to £242.70 since Lowell took over in January 2017.

The claim form states that *the defendant failed to maintain required payments and the service was terminated*

This is incorrect as he contacted Talk Talk to advise he was no longer living at the property and no longer required a service, meaning he terminated the service.

The total on the claim form is now £336.05.

The last letter he received prior to this was on August 11th 2017 offering a reduced payment by 40%.

I would just like some advice about this.

Does he need to accept the claim and pay the full amount or is he able to dispute the hefty amount?

Therye calling his bluff hoping to get a judgement by default. Sit tight and the regulars will be around asap.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have they complied at all with the new pre-action protocol?

HI

Yes they sent a letter of claim with all the forms. They have not sent any info regarding the account

(ii) enclose the most recent statement of account for the debt and

state in the Letter of Claim the amount of interest incurred and

any administrative or other charges imposed since that

statement of account was issued, sufficient to bring it up to

date; or

(iii) where no statements have been provided for the debt, state in

the Letter of Claim the amount of interest incurred and any

administrative or other charges imposed since the debt was

incurred;

They did include (iii) stating that their client is not currently applying any interest fees or charges.

I feel that he is defeated and now has no come back to dispute the debt

hi ya

can you complete this please:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

as well have all the info to correctly advise

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio Ltd

Date of issue – 20 NOV 2017. -

What is the claim for

1) The Defendant entered into an agreement with talk Talk Telecom Limited under account reference xxxxxxxxxx ("the Agreement")

2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the service was terminated.

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimamt on 07/12/2016 and notice givben to the Defendant.

4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £243 remains due and outstanding.

What is the value of the claim? £243 + £18 interest at 8%

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? landline/broadband

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I received a letter on 23/01/2017 stating that the had written to me prior, however, I never received that letter

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not that I am aware of, however I did move house twice

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? When I terminated the service and moved home in May 2015

What was the date of your last payment? May 2015

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes (verbally)

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

some bedtime reading

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=JC+moriarty&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=JC%20moriarty&gsc.page=1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

don't forget the cpr.

defence is not due for weeks yet

post up your thought first here mind

and we'll check it.

but do not miss filing date whatever happens.

dx

and they

good just remember this is post oct changes with PAP

so an additional line needs inserted at the top

and they

not to worry easy sorted

and they

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don't forget your defence is due friday

and they

Oh I thought it was 25th? That is what the letter states. I will upload when I work out how lol

Hopefully letter is attached

I will need some sort of help with a defence. Talk Talk were requested to close this account in May 2014 and they are still billing up to September 2014, when I was not at the property. Unsure of what to use

Thanks

lowellletter3.pdf

and they

Hi

Could someone read through please as this needs to be submitted today?

1) The defendant entered into an agreement with TALK TALK under account ref xxxxxxxxx

2) The defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the service was terminated

3)The Agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 07/12/2016 and notice given to the Defendant.

4)Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £242.70 remains due and outstanding.

And the claimant claims

a)The said sum of £242.70

b) interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.053, but limited to one year, being £18.35

c) Costs

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim vague and are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1 Paragraph 1 is noted. I have, in the past, entered into a contract with TALK TALK, which was in dispute and never resolved to my satisfaction. I do not recall the exact details, nor do I recall any outstanding balance. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. The claimant has refused to provide me with a copy of the agreement, stating he is not obligated to do so by virtue of the consumer credit Act 1974. To date, no statement of the alleged account has been received.

2 Paragraph 2 is noted, again I do not recall any breach and I have never received the stated Default Notice. The Claimant has stated, by letter, that he is not obligated to provide a copy of the Default Notice, again by virtue of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.The account was in dispute and never resolved by TALK TALK.

3 Paragraph 3 is denied. The claimant has never served a Notice of Assignment pursuant to the LoP Act 1925.

Therefore the Claimant is to provide strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into a Agreement/ Contract; and

(b) show and evidence the nature of breach and termination.

© show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. The Claimant has stated that he has made several requests for repayment, yet I do not acknowledge any debt to the Claimant.

5. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

7. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

8. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief.

Thanks guys

Edited by Andyorch
edited

there is short bit regarding PAP that needs to go in point 1 I think

p'haps andyorch will pop in and clarify before 4pm as I cant find it.

dx

and they

Defence edited in post #20.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Post 5 says he did get the PAP Andy

and they

there is short bit regarding PAP that needs to go in point 1 I think

p'haps andyorch will pop in and clarify before 4pm as I cant find it.

dx

Was just going off your last post DX...now removed

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry my bad then

I thought you'd indicated that all defences would need an addition since pap came in

OK so good to go then MM

and they