MMF/Moriaty claimform - old Cash Genie PDL

newdad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cheers, i've been reading s87 and 88 this morning.....I have referred to this is in witness statement and will research more to provide hopefully a stong argument........I'll adjust the WS today accordingly and re-post tonight....thanks for your help DX :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the deadline for submitting WS and exhibits is 4pm on 4th May......Should I wait until the 3rd before sending Moriarty and the Court them (next day special delivery?)....So far I haven't received any Witness Statement from Moriaty

the witness statements from both parties have to be submitted by the 4th (this friday)...I haven't received a witness statement from Moriarty yet, and want to ensure the court receive my WS before the deadline....is the above Witness Statement good to go?.

If you can hold a little longer..will try to run through the thread properly before Wed.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Statement in post#49 edited :thumb:

Thanks Andy, I've been following with interest the current thread (bw legal/lowell/vanquis) https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486774-BW-Legal-Lowell-Vanquis-Court-hearing-in-2-days-received-witness-statement-only-this-week!-What-should-I-do/page4 and noted your indepth skeleton statement , in particular the s87 default notice paragraph with case law....Would it be worth including that part (tailored) to my witness statement?.....kind regards

You could possibly refer to the case...keep it brief though you have amply covered the requirement above with regards to the necessity of a valid Default Notice....and implications of not serving one.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

A quick thread update..

.. Witness statements/exhibits all sent off & received in time....

.I received Moriarty's WS and exhibits on the 4th May.

They certainly cut a few trees down to form that bundle of paperwork!...

.page after page of stuff about how the claimant took on the assets of Cash Genie and their deeds of assignment, but absolutely no mention of any default notice..

..A few of their dates don't tally up either....Lots to pour through, but hopefully can extrapolate the pertinent info for the hearing on the 6th June

If you could upload their statement and pertinent exhibits ...redacted of course.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
No DN - fatal to their claim

Not necessarily...depends on the DJ on the day and his interpretation....if the claimant can prove issuance

Not necessarily...depends on the DJ on the day and his interpretation....if the claimant can prove issuance

Andy, re. highlighted bit....hasn't it gone past the stage where they have the chance to prove issuance?.....I also checked my credit file, there is no corresponding DN on file

I suppose they have in reality...there is no reference to a default notice within their statement...apart from the paragraph 6 which refers to penalty charges being applied...no reference to section 87/88 of the CCA1974.

Paragraph 7 makes no sense at all.:???:

Paragraph 8 again refers to fail to pay again and this time it was assigned ?:???:

You will note the claimant has no intention of attending the hearing CPR 27.9 (1) and will solely rely on that load guff as their evidence...heaven help us.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

The hearing is this coming wednesday and I'm increasingly anxious as the date approaches.....Can anyone offer any tips/advice for the hearing itself, i.e can I take notes in with me etc....I'm naturally hoping that I get a judge who sees that Moriarty's lack of default notice is fatal to their claim, but in light of a unsympathetic judge, will I be allowed to take in a copy of S87 of the credit act to refer to as my argument for dismissal relies upon this?......thanks in advance......another question, having had time to look through their witness statement in detail there are a couple of bits that I'd like to challenge, would I be able to do that on Wednesday (in particular a couple of their exhibits look to be copy and paste generic documents)

The hearing is this coming Wednesday and I'm increasingly anxious as the date approaches.....Can anyone offer any tips/advice for the hearing itself, i.e can I take notes in with me etc....Yes you should have your file anyway with statements and disclosures?I'm naturally hoping that I get a judge who sees that Moriarty's lack of default notice is fatal to their claim, but in light of a unsympathetic judge, will I be allowed to take in a copy of S87 of the credit act to refer to as my argument for dismissal relies upon this? Again yes...did you not attach a copy as part of your exhibits/witness statement ?......thanks in advance......another question, having had time to look through their witness statement in detail there are a couple of bits that I'd like to challenge, would I be able to do that on Wednesday (in particular a couple of their exhibits look to be copy and paste generic documents)Verbally yes.... take copies and make notes of the discrepancies.

Best of luck

Andy

Best of luck

Andy

thanks Andy.....yes, I've got copies of all documents I've sent/received ready to go......I didn't send it a copy of s87 as an exhibit but did refer to it at length in the WS, and finally thanks, I will circle relevant parts of their WS descrepancies should I need to refer to them.....I am nervous but am determined to stay calm and focused!

Understandable your anxious and nervous having never been through the process... but believe me you will enjoy it.....it will go so fast and sometimes if your on the losing side you always come out thinking wish i had of said this and that...stay focused..dont miss or waste your opportunity.

Finally yes take a copy of sec87.

Andy

and no 'little chats' before you go in with the fleecers

smile and walk away

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good luck,

,I was in the exact same situation with the same claimants - no default notice, invalid Notice of Assignment, wasn't clear about how they arrived at the figures claimed, didn't show up (they said they wouldn't) so just me and the judge - no need to have to argue with someone else/be intimidated by them. I emphasised that the House of Lords has said in the past that for a company their size there is no excuse not to have all the paperwork and also there is a legal process that must be followed - they have legal responsibilities they must follow it's not just about any figure that might be owed.

and no 'little chats' before you go in with the fleecers

smile and walk away

thankfully, they're not turning up!

Good luck,

,I was in the exact same situation with the same claimants - no default notice, invalid Notice of Assignment, wasn't clear about how they arrived at the figures claimed, didn't show up (they said they wouldn't) so just me and the judge - no need to have to argue with someone else/be intimidated by them. I emphasised that the House of Lords has said in the past that for a company their size there is no excuse not to have all the paperwork and also there is a legal process that must be followed - they have legal responsibilities they must follow it's not just about any figure that might be owed.

thanks for your post...I've been reading your thread with interest and I've spotted something that I missed...their Notice of Assignment is also possibly invalid, yes there's an account reference, but that's it, my name and address doesnt appear on it and its looks pretty obvious that it's a copy and paste job as there's hyperlinks left in it and no letter headers/signatures and the date is out by 2 weeks to when they 'claim' they sent it..........Hopefully I'll be granted the chance to comment on this at tomorrow's hearing if it's needed.

Best of luck tomorrow newdad...please update your thread at your convenience...good or bad.

Regards

Andy

claim partially upheld......

....last minute change of judge.....

..the judge was only interested whether or not I took out the loan.

..not really interested in anything else, viewing it as trying to 'fudge the issue on technicalities'..

....however, she admitted that my defence and arguments were well presented and well researched however it didn't take away the fact that the debt was owed.

....I tried to argument the main point being no default notice issued so under s87 they couldn't enforce until default notice served..

.She agreed with that and in light of that stated that the original loan amount is due (£200) plus £25 court fee, but she will waive all interest charges and their legal costs.....In essence I had an interest free pay day loan over 3 years....lol..

....I'm disappointed that I didn't win outright but feel good about how I represented myself and the 'grudging' praise from the judge

.....An important note though to caggers going through similar claims,

DONT RELY ON NO DEFAULT NOTICE - NO CASE,

it's not as straight forward as I found out...

A final snippet I gleaned from her is when solicitors act on behalf on a debt collector, send the CCA to the solicitor not the claimant/original creditor as she said she's seen cases like this and in her opinion, advise got from and I quote 'online forums' regarding CCA requests isn't necessarily correct.....forewarned is forearmed guys!

Edited by dx100uk
Format