Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    rossalyn Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2017

Default Re: es parking PCN - central reads secure car park blackpool

thanks for all your help and advice wishing you a happy and prosperous 2018

Basic Account Holder
    rossalyn Novitiate

received letter today for 160 from gladstones solicitors giving me 30 days to pay
    i have just made a donationicon

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

ignoreicon them

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    rossalyn Novitiate

thanks have i a good case to win also i made another donationicon yesterday by paypal

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rossalyn View Post
    thanks have i a good case to win also i made another donationicon yesterday by paypal
    Thanks! All donations are very gratefully received. We've been reduced to Malted Milk (not) biscuits in the staff canteen at CAGicon Towers.

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

I would respond and let them know that their client should have known better than falling for their claptrapa and that they have wasted their money hiring them to write another pointless letter as all partied know that there was no offer of a contract in the first place so cannot possibly be a breach of one and that any court action will be vigourously defended and a full costs recovery order sought along with a counterclaim for the breach of the DPA for obtaining keeper details when there was no cause to do so.

Don be polite, they know that their clients are uselass because they have advised them at every step and they are useless themselves.

Basic Account Holder
    rossalyn Novitiate

thanks ericsbrother for reply, is there any chance of you writing this letter so i can copy in my hand writing and send to gladstones, would appreciate thanks

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

just write out the above in the first person. That is all you need to do
    i wouldnt send anything in my own handwriting, print it in at least 18pt characters so they can read it.

Basic Account Holder
    rossalyn Novitiate

thanks again can you explain your sentence just write out the above in the first person and what is meant by 18pt characters can i send letter by email

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

It's best not to do it by email, as it gives them a free way to hassle you. If you write to them (envelope & stamp) they have to spend money to reply to you and/or hassle you further.

18pt characters means, write it in big letters. And in crayon might be a good idea as well

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Writing in the first person singular means using the words I and me, hope that helps.

And 18pt on the computer rather than handwritten.

HB

Basic Account Holder
    Gick Informative Gick Informative Gick Informative Gick Informative Gick Informative Gick's Avatar

Cagger since : Jul 2011

Your client should have known better than falling for your claptrap and that they have wasted their money hiring you to write another pointless letter as all parties know that there was no offer of a contract in the first place so cannot possibly be a breach of one.

Any court action will be vigorously defended and a full costs recovery order sought along with a counterclaim for the breach of the DPA for obtaining keeper details when there was no cause to do so.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.
    I have no legal qualifications.
    If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the star. Thank you
    Follows
    Following

You NEVER email or phone a parking co or their gophers..

Read other threads and this is made clear as are the results of not following this advice.
    You will get a load of harassment from all sorts of people and if you do get taken to court gladdys will abuse the system by sending stuff to you at midnight on the day before court and the claim it was sent in time.

In reality they do it so you cant respond in time so dont give them a method or reason for playing their dirty game.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    rossalyn Novitiate

dragonfly1967 suggests sending letter and writing in crayon should i
    i wont email or phone thanks ericsbrother

Well, it was meant as a joke, but you could, there's nothing stopping you

We could use your help

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2006

And don't used joined up writing or words with more than five letters-it taxes their brains too much.

Basic Account Holder
    rossalyn Novitiate

details as stated by ericsbrother and gick will be posted tomorrow 1st class signed for do i need to add any other details

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

You dont waste money on 1st/signed for!!

2nd class with free proof of
    Posting from the po counter

You only need to prove it was sent

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    rossalyn Novitiate

can i add make sure your client attends court in person as i want to meet him face to face

no,
    if they hire a solicitor they dont have to attend.

However, you can then challenge any witness statement as being void as there is no witness!

More on procedure nearer the time,
    there are lost of things that need to be done first and once they get an AOS and know the claim is defended it is often the last thing you hear about it.

Anything you do or say that makes it look like you arent absolutely certain of your position will be picked upon so stick to the short response for now

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details