tax credits after 19 years old

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my son is at college full time,

i am 60 and on esa as i can not walk,

i receive tax credits for my son ,

was told when he is 20 years old thats in a couple of months,

i will stop getting tax credits for him,

any one know if this is true,

as we wont be able to survive on my £73

and he can not sign on as hes at college full time.

not sure if this helps?

You must also tell the Tax Credit Office if your child:

turns 18 and stays in approved education or training

turns 19 and stays in approved education or training

Tell the Tax Credit Office as soon as possible to make sure you get paid the right amount of tax credit.

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

not sure if this helps?

You must also tell the Tax Credit Office if your child:

turns 18 and stays in approved education or training

turns 19 and stays in approved education or training

Tell the Tax Credit Office as soon as possible to make sure you get paid the right amount of tax credit.

Tax Credit are renewed every year so of course they know hes in full time education,

think you still need inform them? even though I informed them I was now getting a pension and it would affect my tax credits they still carried on paying me and I ended up with a massive over-payment bill :/, paid it back in instalments but yesterday they informed me I still owe them over £300 which I have queried, sorry if info did not help you

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

think you still need inform them? even though I informed them I was now getting a pension and it would affect my tax credits they still carried on paying me and I ended up with a massive over-payment bill :/, paid it back in instalments but yesterday they informed me I still owe them over £300 which I have queried, sorry if info did not help you

Sandy xx

yes every year i have to phone them up to renew the credits, and they want to know if hes working, at college ect, i need to know if they stop at 20 years old.

Yes, it is true. You can continue to receive Child Tax Credits for a young person who is in full time non-advanced education until the day before that young person's 20th birthday. After that, payments will stop.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes, it is true. You can continue to receive Child Tax Credits for a young person who is in full time non-advanced education until the day before that young person's 20th birthday. After that, payments will stop.

so what benefit would he apply for when he is 20 and still at college full time,