DFS - Not happy with 3pc suite delivered

tiler1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

8 weeks ago we ordered a new 3 pc suite from DFS.

It was delivered today and we have a few issues we are not happy with.

First one is that we ordered a 3 seater sofa and at the time were debating on a reclining one which had 3 seperate seat pads however opted to go without.

we ordered a fixed 3 seater sofa which the sales man told us would be the same with three pads.

Today it has turned up as a 3 seater with just 2 pads which is not what we wanted or ordered.

When i checked online the dimensions photo shows 3 seperate pads and there are no 3 seater options with 2 pads advertised.

Secondly the colour which is supposed to be grey ( as it says on the swatch in store) looks very brown.

Three visitors have come round tonight and all said its brown not grey.

Ive phoned the helpline about the colour and the operative said he always tells people who order this colour online that it is more of a brown than a grey ( even though its called grey?)

When we ordered in the shop

i did question the colour as the display one was grey and the sales man said it was just the lighting in the store making it look browny but it was definatley grey. Well its not!!!

Thirdly

i was sold " easy gliding feet" for an additional £50 which I was told were upgraded feet from the standard.

These were self adhesive plastic pads put on the bottom of standard feet when the delivery guys installed it today.

Probable cost about £5 from a diy store.

Very unhappy.

Purchase was taken on 4 years interest free credit 8 weeks ago.

Where do we stand on rejecting this?

If its not what you ordered, then reject it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did you order it online? From the fact that you had a conversation with the salesman, I gather you didn't. I'm afraid that as you had an opportunity to see it in the store and you bought it there, you you want to benefit from any distance selling rules which means that you will be able to reject it on that basis.

Have you got anything in writing which is recording what you actually ordered so that you can set it against what you actually received? If you do then you should send a letter of rejection immediately. If you don't have anything in writing then you should certainly send a letter of rejection in order to reserve your position – but I'm afraid you're going to have a very hard job doing anything about it because of course you will have one version and they will have another and they will want to stick to their guns.

All we have in writing is the order which says grey however dfs version of grey is quite obvioisly brown. We were told by the sales guy in store that the one on display looked brown because of the lighting in store and woild not look like that elsewhere

We are rejecting it on the fact that tje 3 seater has turned up with just 2 seat pads. That is not what we asked for and the listing on their website only shows dimension diagrams of 3 seaters with 3 pads which is what we asked for.

If you have evidence that you asked for a three seater sofa and there is a clear discrepancy between what you ordered and what you received then eventually you should have no problem asserting your position. Make sure you take screenshots of the webpages you are referring to.

Don't expect the sofa company to be helpful. Put everything in writing. Read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. Do not get into any telephone calls until you have implemented all of the advice we have laid out in our customer services guide.

Keep the sofa in perfect condition and write to them today

Been to see the store manager today. After a bad start telling us there is nothing he can do to reslove the matter I advised him I woild be rejecting the whole suite and cancelling the finance aggreement.

And then sudden u turn. Said he was happy for us to pick another suite of our choice as long as we were willing to wait delivery again which will be after xmas. We are able to keep the existing suite for use intil then with no charges.

I will be asking for all this in writing when we choose the new suite in the next day or so.