integrated dishwasher several repairs now dead -2 Year Warranty? **WON MANU REPLACED IT**

Chipper64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are currently having problems with an integrated dishwasher.

Since buying it in Mar 2016, there have been several faults when it needed an Engineer to make the repairs with new parts.

The current issue means yet another repair will be needed taking the total to 5 repairs in just over 18 months.

I feel we've got a 'dud' unit and the manufacturer are trying to get it to limp over the March warranty expiry date.

Ideally like to have it replaced since i have lost confidence in this machine and it's ability to be useful much after the warranty expires.

What are my rights in terms of requesting a full replacement?

Thanks for any help/info.

you are entitled to a replacement or refund.

As they have had several attempts at repairs and this hasnt worked out you can use the Cosumer Rights Act and say the item isnt fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality. It should last for 5 years.

The warranty has nothing to do with your statutory rights so dont be led down that path by the retailer, they are liable.

If you want your money back they are allowed to deduct a sum for the enjoyment you had had BUT as you have had 4 previous breakdowns this deduction shouldnt be anywhere near what you would expect for 18 months use followed by a catastrophic event.

I would have thought that at most a 20% deduction.

Now, your problem will be getting the retailer to understand that you have these rights.

Some will be oblivious and others just wont give a damn.

If you need a replacement then a massive discount off a new one will be something they can understand.

Your automatic rights under the Consumer Rights Act expired after six months of buying the appliance. Now you have to rely on your ordinary rights. I quite agree with you that if there have been five faults in less than two years then it certainly seems as if there is something unusually wrong with this machine.

You can either assert your rights under the warranty – or assert your rights against the seller of the appliance under the Consumer Rights Act which basically says that you are entitled to enjoy an appliance of satisfactory quality for a reasonable period of time. It certainly seems to me that you have not had a satisfactory experience during the time that you have had it.

You can either sue for damages – basically meaning and other repair or you could say to a court that your experience has been so dismal that it has had the effect of terminating the contract and you now want to have a refund.

It may well be that you will be awarded damages to take into account the use that you have had from the machine. I think you would have to itemise the faults that you have had, the inconvenience to which you have been put, and the amount of time that the dishwasher has been unusable. In addition to that, I think it would be reasonable to include the number of times that you have had to make special arrangements to be in in order to receive a repairer et cetera.

Whether you want to sue the manufacturer or the supplier is a matter for you. What does the manufacturers warranty say? I think that if you were to serve the manufacturer notice that you are now calling in the warranty and that you want a replacement machine then the March 2018 deadline would cease to apply because the manufacturer would have a duty to take notice of the problem now.

where did you buy it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So the machine could be years old and 2nd hand.

Whilst you may have some angle to get some money back it would not be expected to last for 5 years as suggested as you bought it wth knowledge of it and also it depends how much you paid.

If you paid 50quid for a 2nd hand dishwasher then id say you've had your moneys worth.

If you spent £500 quid in currys for a new one then you would expect it to last around 5 years. That's called reasonable expectations.

so who did these repairs, an eng after you contact the manu?

ideally your claim is against who sold it to you

but if the manu has been sending repair men FOC then I'm not sure if you can use CRA against them?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guys,

Thanks for your help and advice on this.

For a nice change, the manufacturers have agreed to play ball and to swap the machine for a new one.

The only cost to us is going to be the fitting and removal costs.

Thanks

Chipper64

hey that's a great result

who was the manu?

and they