Fit4LEss / Harlands - Cancelling DD before finishing 12 month contact

ohhey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

First off, fantastic community here. I have spent a fair amount of time researching and it really is incredible how companies can act.

I have a slightly different situation which I couldn't find anything comparable from searching the forums.

I signed up for a 12 month Fit4Less membership where the first payment was taken October-2016.

I cancelled the direct debit sometime about August 2017 where the last payment was taken August 2017,

this was due to me moving about 1.5 miles away and wanted a gym in walking distance.

Therefore, I have only paid 11 of the 12 months.

I know I should have waited and paid the last month but didn't check fully.

Subsequently, I have received the Harlands letters like many on this forum.

What are my options?

Should I offer the final payment while stating I refuse to pay any admin or cancellation fees?

Thanks,

correct

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and if they refuse to acknowledge or agree in 14 days, you dont pay them a penny

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Ohhey and welcome to CAG

Use one of my drafts to offer Harlands the last pay't that you should have made.

Tell them you wanted to cancel due to moving away; you realise you should have made one further pay't; if they accept your offer to pay the final fee you'll pay them promptly; you require their written reply of acceptance within 14 days; if they refuse your offer or make any higher demands.

You could adapt this - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476155-Help-with-harlands!&p=5012255&viewfull=1#post5012255

Let us know how they reply .........

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)