William hill

mrrj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI not sure if I'm posting in the right place .

A friend of mine who has had a hard time with gambling took a signed opt out form with a photo to all the high street bookies 2 years ago asking them not to allow him to gamble in their shops for 5 years

so far this year he has spent £71k in William hill

the same shop he took his opt out .

Is there anything he can do about this ,

I know the problem is his but they have let him down as well ?.

Hi

From the small bit of reading I have done, the bookies cannot be help responsible for your friends actions however all that can be done is to report the breach to the Multi Operator Self Exclusion Scheme.

Just by asking the bookies not to serve hime for 5 yers hols no ground as self exclusion in high street bookies is a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months. For online gambling it is 5 years.

The ONLY way to help your friend is by getting the right help but he MUST want to. As with any addiction, the highs are brilliant but the lows have a devastating effect on the subject and all around him. Think of it as a 'ripple affect' starting with the gambler then expand to include family then friends and widening to include the community around him.

professional bodies can help but again. he must be willing to engage with these bodies. Stopping gambling is hard. I've been there.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE