Rejecting new unreliable Toyota

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the person at fos who dealt with your initial complaint?

We did. That's the person we asked and she said that it needs to be put in writing to the link that she sent us. The response that was included in the link actually stated that it would be a quicker process if we were to ask the adjudicator but she refuses to give us this information.

This is the person who after speaking with on a couple of occassions had little faith in.

I have to say that the whole thing seems suspicious

Send the SAR

We did. That's the person we asked and she said that it needs to be put in writing to the link that she sent us. The response that was included in the link actually stated that it would be a quicker process if we were to ask the adjudicator but she refuses to give us this information.

This is the person who after speaking with on a couple of occassions had little faith in.

I have to say that the whole thing seems suspicious

in your post #33 you said 'Been in touch with foslink3.gif today and the representative dealing with our case simply gave us a link to which we should send our FOIlink3.gif request'

did you just ask for a copy of the file (not mentioning FOI act), or did you mention foi...

and, 'Also within their response they advised that it woud be best to obtain the information we require from the person who was dealing with our case as it would be a quicker process..'

which i agreed with saying dont do a foi, just ask for a copy of the file (which worked for me).

anyway, as bankfodder would say, this distracts.

if you want the file, just ask for a copy (dont mention foi)

or do the dsar if that doesn't now work

Send the SAR

All your other abbreviations that are in bold and underscored raise an explanantion when hovered over, but the SAR one doesn't.

Please can you explain what the SAR is?

Thank you.

in your post #33 you said 'Been in touch with foslink3.gif today and the representative dealing with our case simply gave us a link to which we should send our FOIlink3.gif request'

did you just ask for a copy of the file (not mentioning FOI act), or did you mention foi

and, 'Also within their response they advised that it woud be best to obtain the information we require from the person who was dealing with our case as it would be a quicker process..'

which i agreed with saying dont do a foi, just ask for a copy of the file (which worked for me).

Hi Ford,

My wife actually made the call as it is in her name.

Correspondence is as follows;

Sent: 20 November 2017 13:46

To: Patel, Mayuri

Subject: Ref: - FOI Request

Importance: High

Good Afternoon,

I have received the final decision from the ombudsman in the post and I will be returning my answer back in the post shortly.

In the mean time I have been to see a solicitor and they have instructed me to request all copies of any communication and correspondence that has happened between yourselves and Toyota under the freedom of information act.

If you could please send this information over to me urgently I would very much appreciate it.

Sent: 20 November 2017 14:13

To:

Subject: RE: - FOI Request

Dear

Thank you for your email.

If you have a request for this information you’ll need to forward this onto the [email protected]. I’ve listed a link below for you to review which explains more about how you can request information and what we can do.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/about/foi-making-a-request.htm

If you could also let me know whether you accept the decision or not so I can note this on our system.

Any further questions- please don’t hesitate to ask.

Yours sincerely

Mayuri Patel

investigator

Financial Ombudsman Service

( 020 348 75244/ 0800 023 4567

+ Financial Ombudsman Service | Exchange Tower | London | E14 9SR

* [email protected]

Sent: 20 November 2017 14:37

To: Shared_stakeholder_Information Rights Officer

Subject: FW: - FOI Request

Importance: High

Good Afternoon,

We raised a case with the ombudsman several months ago and have been dealing with Mayuri Patel, we have recently received the final decision from the ombudsman in which they have advised they are not upholding our claim, the reference number for our case is 19503520.

I have now been to see a solicitor and they have instructed me to request all copies of any communication and correspondence that has happened between the Financial Ombudsman Service and Toyota Financial Services under the freedom of information act. I put this request into Mayuri who was our point of contact, however, she has advised me that I need to email yourselves for this information.

Please could this information be emailed over to me urgently I would very much appreciate it.

EMAIL]

From: Information Rights Officer [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: 20 November 2017 16:34

To:

Subject: RE: - FOI Request

Dear

Thank you for your email requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. We’ll respond as soon as we’re able to and by 17 December 2017.

Yours sincerely

Elizabeth Taylor | stakeholder team | Financial Ombudsman Service | [email protected]

anyway, as bankfodder would say, this distracts.

if you want the file, just ask for a copy (dont mention foi)

or do the dsar if that doesn't now work

Thanks.

What followed was the attached PDF that said they couldn't provide the information due to the Data Protection Act.

yes, i just read back seeing that you initially asked for the info under the freedom act! that's why it was sent to that dep't.

anyway, just do the dsar.

sar time

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

FOI is a waste of time sadly

if you want someone to produce something they hold in any data format relating to 'a' person

that person should send an SAR.

and the DPA shouldn't matter as its about your property

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

FOS

then if they don't play ball Toyota..

however I know this sounds silly

but have you simply asked for it without quoting FOI/SAR at all?

its your case , it should be made available to you.

dx

and they

Send the SAR

Sent it yesterday and this is their response.....

From: Information Rights Officer [mailto:information.rights@financial-ombudsman.org.uk]

Sent: 28 November 2017 10:15

To:

Subject: Subject Access Request -

Dear

I am writing to confirm receipt of your request for information and your payment with respect to it.

We will send you your information no later than 6 January 2017 and where possible will do so before this date.

We generally send information by recorded postal delivery. The address we hold for you begins ** M****** Street – can you please confirm that this is still correct?

Yours sincerely

Elizabeth Taylor | stakeholder team | Financial Ombudsman Service | [email protected]

Possibly a bit of a wait then.

Possibly a bit of a wait then.

:) as said, up to 40 days.

if only you had just first tried asking for it over the phone as i suggested before. hindsight. :)

anyway, its in now. good luck.

:) as said, up to 40 days.

if only you had just first tried asking for it over the phone as i suggested before. hindsight. :)

anyway, its in now. good luck.

That exactly what Lisa did.

It was only when she was refused that Lisa mentioned the FOI act.

She was then told that she had to put it in writing by clicking on the link that they provided, to which they initially responded to by saying that it would be some time in December before we would receive it, only to then change to say that we couldn't have it under the Data Protection act.

ok. you didn't mention that before. you posted that your initial request was via foi.

forget about it anyway, no worries, your dsar request is in as advised by the fos. you'll get a file copy, maybe before the 40 days.