Ringo Parking App - ** CANCELLED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Contravention

Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force (code 02)

Parked the car in a suitable spot and used my trusty phone to book and pay for my ticket,

the app took the payment and allowed me to park from 16;25pm to 10;00am the next day.

At 1653pm I was given a ticket for the above contravention...why?

They took my money then 28 minutes of parking they gave me a ticket.

The app also tells you when you cannot park in a retricted zone by not taking your money and sends a flash message on screen telling you the zone is closed,

on this occassion it sent no such message hence why I parked in this zone.

Also there was no visable signage indicating the parking restrictions.

Photos are available.

I appealed but got told the ticket was issued correctly,

Yes it probably was but why take my money on the understanding I can park for 17.5hrs only to book for less than half hour parking...I feel I have been [problem]med.

I have now waited for the NTO and want to appeal on the grounds the app has a major flaw.

On the other hand they council rely on the effectiveness of the app but will not recognise there is a flaw with it.

Your narrative doesn't make sense. The contravention is for parking on a SYL/DYL when there are also loading restrictions, yet Ringo is used for parking in a Pay & Display bay for which you have to enter a Ringo location number

I’m just giving you the information as it is the NTO states the contravention that I so said breached and my Ringo App receipt is for the same zone, pictures can be supplied to support my argument. Cheers

Were you overhanging the end of the bay?

No mate, again I have picture evidence both my own and one kindly taken by the traffic warden, cheers

my Ringo App receipt is for the same zone,

Again this doesn't make sense. Ringo receipts are for a location number, which applies to a particular set of parking bays. Not an entiire zone.

Were you in a parking bay or on a yellow line?

It would help if you posted the pcn , your reps, the councils rejection, photos and a Google street view link.

Google Street View Of Hotwells Road Bristol

I have saved the images as pdf which seems to work.

the first image show the Zone number on the machine

the second image shows the Ringo receipt correlating the zone number

the third image shows my car parked but if you look the signage that is in the google map no longer appears in my recent picture

the fourth is just a slightly different angle

002.pdf

004.pdf

003.pdf

001.pdf

I responded to the PCN on the 13/09/2017

What I meant was, the PCN is barely legible. Was it like that when you got back to your car?

Sorry Michael, to be honest I cannot remember but I doubt it, Im a chef so its most probably greasy fingers that may have done that

Sorry Michael, to be honest I cannot remember but I doubt it, Im a chef so its most probably greasy fingers that may have done that
OK.

With the NtO, you have now lost the discount, so it's a no brainer to make representations to that and if they reject go to adjudication. Even if the adjudicator refuses your appeal it will still cost the same as now - £70.

Lack of signage, you can show that there was a timeplate right where you parked which is now missing. Compare GSV:

https://goo.gl/maps/SZbPzw44cZo

with current photos. the only other timeplate is on the front of the ticket machine which you would have to walk into the road to read even assuming you knew it was there.

You walked to the ticket machine to get the Ringo location number and paid for the session, which Ringo accepted (phone screenshot) and without any timeplates to tell you differently, it was perfectly natural for you to assume that you had paid for parking that was valid for thewhole session.

• Confused 1

I think there are two arguements here

one is did I park illegally which is yes,

but according to the Ringo app no I didn't,

I paid the money in good faith and in the understanding all was legal and above board.

Why did I not walk to the machine and check?

because the Ringo app finds your location without leaving the car needless to say I didn't check.

Bear in mind where the payment machine is and how busy Hotwells Road is there is always a vehicle parked in front of it obstructing any possible easy of viewing.

its the Ringo app that has caused this problem and will keep on causing it unless they address it...will they?

Thanks for the help Michael much appreciated.

Slightly off topic I have been paying a monthly contribution to this site for a number of years but my status has never changed, who can change it?

I think there are two arguements here one is did I park illegally which is yes,

Do not admit to this in your reps

Slightly off topic I have been paying a monthly contribution to this site for a number of years but my status has never changed, who can change it?

The so-called 'status' is based purely on the number of posts you make. It's an irrelevant bit of nonsense, but your monthly donation is much appreciated.
  • Haha 1

The so-called 'status' is based purely on the number of posts you make. It's an irrelevant bit of nonsense, but your monthly donation is much appreciated.

no worries just like to let you guys know I don't take your time and effort for granted and think this is a great site...keep up the good work

• 2 months later...