Smart parking ANPR PCN - Haven Bank Retail Park Exeter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Haven Bank Retail Park Exeter - parking charge

We have received a parking charge from SMART PARKING for £90 or £54 if paid within 14 days.

The letter shows a photo of our car entering the car park on 07/11/2017 at 14:51:55 and exiting site at 15:47:05.

We are very confused and angry as we had purchased a parking ticket for £1 for one hour and had even used it against our purchase at The Range.

We received the letter yesterday 17th November and of course no longer have the parking ticket we purchased or the receipt from The Range showing our refund of said parking ticket.

How can we fight this charge if we no longer have any proof.

The parking ticket was displayed in the front window of our car but they haven't shown a photo of that!

It grieves me to pay a charge when we have done nothing wrong yet don't want to end up having to pay more in the end.

We only have 14 days from 15/11/2017 when the letter was written to pay the charge before it goes up to £90!

Please can someone help?

First, it's not a fine. Smart Parking don't have the power to fine anyone.

Second, I would suspect you'll be asked to start your own thread.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We have received a parking charge from SMART PARKING for £90 or £54 if paid within 14 days.

The letter shows a photo of our car entering the car park on 07/11/2017 at 14:51:55 and a photo of our car exiting at 15:47:05.

We are very confused and angry as we had purchased a parking ticket for £1 for 1 hour and had even used it against our purchase at The Range.

We received the letter yesterday, 17th November and of course no longer have the parking ticket we purchased or the receipt from The Range showing our £1 refund of said parking ticket.

How can we fight this charge if we no longer have any proof?

The parking ticket was displayed on our dashboard in the front windscreen but they haven't shown a photo of that!

It grieves us to pay a fine ( or 'parking charge' as they call it ) when we have done nothing wrong, yet don't want to end up having to pay more in the end.

We only have 14 days as from 15/11/2017 when the letter was written before the charge goes up to £90!

Please can someone advise us?

can you tell us on what letter sign or ticket you have from smart that uses the word FINE please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Any sign that stipulates a "Fine" will be issued will fall foul straight away. A civil organisation cannot fine anyone.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

then why did you use the word fine in the title and almost every line.

its a speculative invoice

hoping you'll fall for the ruse that you broke some imaginary contract by entering the land and parking.

please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For PNC's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement. - 07/11/2017

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]. - 15/11/2017

3 Date received - 17/11/2017

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] - No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - Entering and Exiting car park

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal]. - Yes

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? - Smart Parking Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] - Havens Bank Retail Park, Exeter

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. - IAS

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

Copy of our appeal:

I am very confused by this parking fine.

I paid £1 for 1 hour and even showed my ticket atThe Range and received the refund.

I was not over 1 hour as your photos prove so I do not understand why I have received this fine.

I also displayed my parking ticket in full display on the dashboard of our car but you haven't shown a photo of that.

I hope you will reconsider and withdraw this fine.

ok well they'll throw every trick at you

because at the time you thought it was a fine

and they know people think they must blindly pay fines.

sit on your hands now

you'll get lots of scary letters from DCA's

that never say will anything

they are not bailiffs and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

if/when you get a letter entitled letter of claim

or

a court claimform pack from northants bulk

comeback here

it might pay you to go READ

every smartparking thread you can here to understand what happens

use our search CAG box of the top red toolbar

'smart parking'

and they

it is only worrying because you dont know what their game is and how they play it.

Once you make yourself aware of what legislation they are supposed to follow and how this is all about contracts and not parking per se the easier it is to bat off these spurious demands.

Next time you get a ticket like this DO NOT APPEAL it straight away but check to see if it is procedurally correct first.

We can help with this.

Smart never get anything right

so the last thing you should do is appeal their tickets and generally keep quiet until they have dug a deep enough hole to bury themselves.

but its bogus in the first place...

and they

• 2 months later...

well you've had 2 months to read other threads and self help

but you've chosen not too.

if you had

then you'd know the a DCA can do NOTHING.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

IGNORE!!

and they

The best thing to do with letters from DRP is the same thing as they did with newspapers during the war :wink:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thank you. I’m usually the very timid and cautious one but it is because of reading the threads that I am arguing against him to pay the charge.

I will get my husband to read them as well.

Hi,

This car park will be one of the ANPR type where there are no wardens and they just use cameras to photograph cars entry and exit. I assume that you had to input your registration number into a machine before inserting your money.

I am also very confused. Smart Parking are with the BPA and as such should be using POPLA as well as PoFA 2012. Unless Smart parking have recently moved over to the IPC, I can't see anything on my usual sources nor on their own website that they are members of the IPC.

Can you upload a photo or scan of the letter you received, making sure that you cover up all identifiable info and upload in pdf format so we can zoom in. Also, we will need up to date pictures of the signs at the site in question.

Something is very off with this.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

and they

Just had a look on Google Streetview of the site in question and the machines do need a correctly inputted registration number and all the signs say BPA on them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE