Another eBay trick, be careful!

king12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not looking for advice, but warning others in light of my personal experience this week.

I sold a pair of medium range binoculars (around £100) on eBay.

This buyer fought the auction like crazy and won.

Binoculars were in very good condition.

Sent them over

and as soon as he got them he said that the lenses are both broken on the inside

but there are no rattling bits in there (how's that possible, i thought)

I accepted a return and received the binoculars back.

Clearly they had been taken apart, all lenses, screws and tuning levers changed.

Also the strap and case had been changed.

I confronted all of this with my ad pictures and indeed the wise guy had swapped everything and sent me back a scrap.

I went online to open a dispute and guess what?

The fool had listed an identical binocular to mine with a different serial number.

He used my pictures in the ad (!?!?).

I opened the dispute and told eBay that if they sided with him i would have gone to the police for fraud as i had name and address of this fool.

EBay refunded him out of their own pockets as a gesture of goodwill.

I didn't lose anything, but make sure to take lots of high quality pictures and possibly a video of you packaging the item.

I bet that if the binoculars didn't have a serial number he would have simply sent me his scraps.

So be careful.

Well, get a friend to buy the bins and the say they are broken and return HIS scrap one for you.

An eye for an eye, with the amount of issues I have like this on eBay I would second this. See how they like to be played at their own game.

Well, get a friend to buy the bins and the say they are broken and return HIS scrap one for you.

I'm so tempted to do that!

But knowing how the world works nowadays, I'd probably get nicked and convicted of fraud while the hardcore fraudsters keep going undisturbed.

What's going on?!?!