Anglian Water Help Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All

Many years ago I moved into a rented property,

I rang Anglian Water and in formed them I was the new tenant and I was going to be paying the bills.

I received bills every quarter which I paid.

3 years later I moved out and phoned Anglian Water again to make them aware of this

and the lady on the phone said you moved out 3 years ago

and we have been charging a standing charge and you owe us £1800>

I explained that I didn't have that kind of money and I would have to pay it in instalments which they agreed to £52 a month.

I have now finally managed to get a deposit together and applied for a mortgage and was declined.

on checking my credit file I have 2 defaults and I am 6 payments behind then up to date and then 6 payments behind again for the last 2 years.

I have worked out that they have been taking the majority of my monthly payment to clear the debt and not the current bills as promised.

I am down to around £300 in arrears that get cleared every 6 months then when the new bill comes the put me 6 months in arrears again.

apart from Anglian water I have a near perfect record.

Is there any solution to getting these corrected or Adjusted, the mortgage advisor said I might have to wait another 2 years to re-apply.

please,please help with whatever info you can

thanks in Advance.

Make an urgent complaint to them Monday. They have to warn you that they would marking your credit record with adverse information, that might cause you problems with credit applications. If they don't tell you that they will be processing negative data to your credit record, unless you take action by a given date, then how are you supposed to do something about it.

See if you can get Anglian to remove this negative information and come back to let us know how you get on. If you phone them, you should record the call, if you have the capability to do this. Follow the call up in writing, asking for their CEO's email address to send it to.

If you need to send the SAR as Bankfodder has suggested.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think that you need to send an SAR. If you can get copies of the bills and show that you have paid what they have been asking then you should be able to get everything else written off and your credit record restored.

This is assuming that you don't have any paperwork left

Also read our customer services guide

do Anglian only send letters by email. If there is a payment issue they send no letters by standard post ?

Can you log onto an online account with Anglian to view your records ?

With most paperless accounts, companies provide an online account log in.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have a online account but can only view my bills, I have no access to any letters regarding the monthly payments.

Ok, so you need to SAR Anglian if they will not provide copies of all letters they have issued via a complaint.

If this were me, I would phone them Monday and explain that you have a serious complaint to make, which will be going to their Chief Executive if it cannot be resolved very quickly. Explain what has happened and that you want these erroneus marks on your credit record erased as a matter of urgency. Ask for the name of the manager of their complaints department, their contact details e.g their Email address, phone number, as you want to send them an urgent email to follow up the phone call. Provide your phone number and tell them you want a return phone call by say 5pm on Tuesday with a resolution.

I will be telephoning Anglian Water after work this afternoon. Just a thought I had, if I was in an arrangement to pay off a debt at a fixed amount and never missed a payment, can the mark me down as 6 payments late?? I have kept up with the agreed amount since day 1??

comeback when they are gone

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...