Refund On Goods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased an Xbox One S last December from an shop that has now gone bust. I have had this game console replaced (Direct from Microsoft and not the shop I got it from) with brand new units 3 times, due to a faulty fan, since (the last replacement was in February)

The exact same problem has happened last week. So I got on to Microsoft who said they would repair the console.

I do not want this repair and want my money back. Microsoft refused to do this and said they would only repair the console.

Can I get a refund or do I have to accept the repair?

TIA

I'm afraid that you will have to accept the repair. Even if the original supplier was still in business and you are relying on the contract, six months has expired and so you would have to accept the repair. Even within the six months they would have to be given an opportunity to repair.

As it is, you are either relying on the goodwill of Microsoft – or maybe there manufacturers warranty. Unless you can see something in the warranty which would help you to enforce a refund, I think you will have to go with the repair. Once it's repaired and maybe the best thing to do is to sell it if you don't have confidence in it any more.

Just been reading and noticed this:

However, after 6 months the liability shifts and you will need to prove that the fault was present at the time of sale before a refund will be granted.

Any use to me? as the same issue has happened 3 times before.