Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder surrey_36 Novitiate surrey_36's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2011

Default Reclaiming GE Money admin charges

I'm just starting a claim for 40 adminicon charges added over the years,

Ive been reading through threads tonight and just confused about the spreadsheet to use and what interest charge to put into the spreadsheet.

On the mortgageicon statements the interest rate varies from 2.95 up to 7.99% on the 2006 statements.

Also unclear if I should use the StatInt Sheet or the CISSheet.

At the end of each statement is says for example (annual statement 2009)
    Interest Bearing Charges 1837.50
    Additional Interest Incurred 213.88
    Payment received towards these charges & Interest 125.54

So gathering from others posts and responses these additional charges are non reclaimable?

Sorry for posting when I'm sure this is all in here! Just want to make sure I get this right, as I usually get everything wrong!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Reclaiming GE Money admin charges

I very much doubt you'll get penalty charges back out side of 6yrs.

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

OK thanks DX Ill just go back the last 6 months and re do the spreadsheet - can you advise me on which spreadsheet to use and what interest rate to put in given that the rate varied over the time?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

6yrs not months
    you could try putting ALL of them on your sheet
    see what they do??

stat int sheet [auto at 8%] as that will be more money than the CI at 2%

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Thanks DX! All done and in the post recorded delivery. Will update the thread once they replied.

Basic Account Holder Jaxleeds Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2017

good luck

what were the charges for? and what are your grounds for refund?

Update: GE Money replied to me saying that since my mortgageicon was taken over by Kensington last year that they have closed the case and forwarded the complaint over Kensington.
    I thought that as GE had charged the adminicon charges originally that the claim would be to them. Question is do I trust that they have forwarded the claim to Kensington or do I resend the complaint again

what were the charges for? and what are your grounds for refund?

Hi Jaxleeds, the charges are for administration charges - sometimes they charged 40 sometimes 50, also some other charges like counselor visit? I am advised these charges are way over the actual costs to them as a company and are therefore unlawful and can be reclaimed. Probably better that one of the CAGicon experts explain it rather than me!

already tried by its not stuck in...

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by surrey_36 View Post
    Hi Jaxleeds, the charges are for administration charges - sometimes they charged 40 sometimes 50, also some other charges like counselor visit? I am advised these charges are way over the actual costs to them as a company and are therefore unlawful and can be reclaimed. Probably better that one of the CAGicon experts explain it rather than me!

Exactly the same situation as me then. Good luck!

dx - what have you tried to explain to me that 'hasn't stuck in' ?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details