Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2007

Default Re: Fit4Less / Harlands

Hi WD,

You're focusing on semantics when there's no need.

If you want to avoid saying " ......... the gymicon's T&C's ........"

Instead say, "I cancelled the DDicon in accordance with the gymicon's guidance on their website and owe you nothing."

Amend the letter to the gym in the same way and then send off both letters.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    weird_dave Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2017

OK Slick, I'll give that a go

Basic Account Holder
    weird_dave Novitiate

I thought It might be wise to post the text of the 2 letters I'm sending here:
    To Harlandsicon:

I cancelled the Direct-Debit in accordance with the gymsicon guidance on their website and owe you nothing. If you make any further demand, I will make formal complaints about harassment.

To Fit4Less:

I cancelled the Direct-Debit in accordance with your gyms guidance on the website but Harlands are now harassing me for more money.
    Kindly tell them to cease contact immediately or your gymicon will be named co-defendant in court action seeking compensation for harassment.

Going back through the thread, I noticed that the original letter, at the bottom says "PDFicon created with pdfFactory trial version www.pdffactory.com", this is indeed at the bottom of the letter I received, not part of my scanning process, cheapskates!

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Excellent !

Fire those off and keep the free Cert of Posting from the PO Counter for each letter.

Let us know what replies you get.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    weird_dave Novitiate

Thanks Slick. I should be able to see some signatures in the next day or 2

Basic Account Holder
    weird_dave Novitiate

Well, as I stepped through the front door, I could see an envelope poking out of the letterbox, upon gently lifting the envelope from its resting place, I couldn't but notice the "Haywards Heath" address mechanically scribed on the back. As a wave of fear filled my brow, I opened the envelope. To my surprise, all was good.

To be honest, I was expecting a bit more of a fight than this, but I'll take the early win

It reads:
    "Further to your recent letter to our offices,
    Harlandsicon can confirm that the agreement is now closed and no further payments are due.
    We hop you find this to be in order.
    Yours sincerely,
    Harlands

I suspect that since it was obvious I was never going to pay any adminicon fees, the letters required to coerce me into paying even the 1 month notice (of which they get a small %, assuming there was actually a requirement for me to pay it) isn't worth it.

To complete the story, I shall return to work tomorrow and scan the letter, followed by a donationicon.

Default Re: Fit4Less / Harlands **RESOLVED**

Hi WD,

Excellent result and thanks for the update.

Thread title amended to reflect your **WIN** and thanks in anticipation of you Site donationicon.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

Excellent news!

Another fail by Charlatans, proper clowns....ha ha ha

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    weird_dave Novitiate

I finally got some time to scan the result in

Now to donateicon...

Attached Files

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Thanks W Dave for whatever you can manage for the Site donationicon.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    weird_dave Novitiate

An amount should have gone through on Tuesday

Hi WD,

Site adminicon will know the details thanks.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details