Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder Kegimus Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2017

Default Paypal negative balance

I have a negative balance of £320 but can only afford little payments,

Iím hoping to be lucky and not get any letters etc untill jan at least I will have it paid off by then,

Hi, I have a negative PayPal balance of £320 (first time) and can only afford one payment each month, I was

spending money I didnít have and now suffering the aftermath,

iv read loads of posts about what happens
    but how long do you actually have before PayPal close account or sell the debt to collection agencyís?

Do people actually come to your house or do u just respond to letters and phone callsicon?

Iím sure PayPal must email you first before handing it over to someone else or do they just do it without notifying you?

have no idea if I will get letters etc?

ím sure PayPal have to notify you first before sending your debt to agencies?

Iím hoping to pay it off before it gets to that point ( hopefully January!)

any advice would be good thank you!!

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Default Re: Paypal - Big negative balance

Does it matter if they do get a DCAicon involved? No. DCA's cant do anything to you. What will happen is they harass you with 3-4 letters then run off with their tail between their legs. They always do.

WHy are you so scared of a DCA?

Iím not scared iv Just never been in this situation before and itís all new to me never experienced it and itís quite stressful

So long how do I have before they involve DCAicon etc??

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Paypal negative balance

theres no set time frame
    never has been.

could be +6mts atleast

just remember a DCAicon
    is NOT A BAILIFF
    and have
    NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS
    simply ignore them.

as with the phone
    the same applies to your door
    you are under NO legal obligation to talk about any debt over the phone nor at your door.

leave my property else i'll call police 101.

pers i'd not worry about this at all
    no-one has ever been taken to court by anyone regarding a paypal debt
    as they no longer reside in the UK

Ok thank you for that Info,
    I will keep updating my thread with any new events etc,

I know some people have had letters in the post from them and they set up payment plans but mine will be paid off before that happens (hopefully)

Default PayPal negative balance

Anyone ever had a negative balance with PayPal?
    If so what happened with it?

I can’t pay it all in one I can only afford little payments now and again and

I just phone them to add a note saying il pay a little bit off,
    has anyone ever gone as far as their debt being given to a DCAicon
    and if so how long did u wait before this happened
    and did PayPal inform you first
    and what sort of letters did u receive?

Are they in normal white envelopes or brown etc?

Any help would be nice thank you

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Default Re: PayPal negative balance

Hi.

Did you post about this yesterday? It looks very like your previous thread.

HB

Yes I did just wanted to see if I would get more/different responses on a new night

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

It's best to stick to one thread per issue, I'll merge them.

HB

Site Team fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kegimus View Post
    Yes I did just wanted to see if I would get more/different responses on a new night
    Seriously A different response?

No..... Seriously though - The guys are right, DCAs have no rights so dont worry. And Ive never seen a paypal account go to court :P
    So lets look at this issue, £320 isnt massive so can be dealt with bit by bit. Can you afford £10 a month to pay it back? Maybe £20? How did this all come about?

We can help... Just need more info

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

paypal still claim i owe them 2 grand from around 11 years ago.... yeah right. They even locked down my verified business account and tried to hold close to 30 grand in it. Had to go to court to force them to give me it back.

Site Team mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2011

OP, you have a financial debt with PayPal, who can take any legal recovery action.
    If you feel you can clear the debt by end of year, then offer that as a payment plan. Default, and the balance is immediately payable.

Hi thanks for the replies,

yes after my first payment of £30
    they phoned and
    I phoned back saying I can’t pay in full

they left another note on my account to pay another £30 by this Monday (20th) which I already have done

I think the best way is to just keep asking them to add a note and il pay £10 a week or so just u till Dec and jans paydays and it should be cleared by then hopefully.

I had £0 in bank and was able to spend more by using bank account instead of debit card method so it built up and it’s my own fault entirely but I will learn from this once it’s paid, I think they only contact me once the note on account expires

Site Team mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2011

IMO PayPal is not an alt Bank Account, but more akin to an immicon due Debit Card.
    If you feel you can repay existing debt (£130) ,by end of year, why not source a £130 loan to pay off existing debt and avoid all these shenanigans?

PayPal don’t do payment plans only the DCAicon do because not hey can work on the case longer and I’m in a trust deed so I can’t take out new loans etc, I will prob hear from them again after Monday but I will just make a payment of £10 untill next week or so

Doesnt matter what paypal say they do. You can force them to accept. The DCAicon has absolutely no rights and you NEVER talk or deal with them.

Ok thanks so what would you say is the best plan of action from now untill it’s paid? Thanks

Either ignore both parties, or if y ou want to pay, pay paypal direct and completely ignore the DCAicon.

I have been paying PayPal direct so far, haven’t had any calls or letters etc from anyone else as of yet but I’m sure PayPal have to notify you first if they are sending it over to a DCAicon etc

They do it out of courtesy. Most times youll just get a letter. Keep paying as you are now, and if you get a letter, ignore it completely.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details