Paypal negative balance

Kegimus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a negative balance of £320 but can only afford little payments,

I’m hoping to be lucky and not get any letters etc untill jan at least I will have it paid off by then,

Hi, I have a negative PayPal balance of £320 (first time) and can only afford one payment each month, I was

spending money I didn’t have and now suffering the aftermath,

iv read loads of posts about what happens

but how long do you actually have before PayPal close account or sell the debt to collection agency’s?

Do people actually come to your house or do u just respond to letters and phone calls?

I’m sure PayPal must email you first before handing it over to someone else or do they just do it without notifying you?

have no idea if I will get letters etc?

’m sure PayPal have to notify you first before sending your debt to agencies?

I’m hoping to pay it off before it gets to that point ( hopefully January!)

any advice would be good thank you!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter if they do get a DCA involved? No. DCA's cant do anything to you. What will happen is they harass you with 3-4 letters then run off with their tail between their legs. They always do.

WHy are you so scared of a DCA?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

theres no set time frame

never has been.

could be +6mts atleast

just remember a DCA

is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

simply ignore them.

as with the phone

the same applies to your door

you are under NO legal obligation to talk about any debt over the phone nor at your door.

leave my property else i'll call police 101.

pers i'd not worry about this at all

no-one has ever been taken to court by anyone regarding a paypal debt

as they no longer reside in the UK

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thank you for that Info,

I will keep updating my thread with any new events etc,

I know some people have had letters in the post from them and they set up payment plans but mine will be paid off before that happens (hopefully)

Anyone ever had a negative balance with PayPal?

If so what happened with it?

I can’t pay it all in one I can only afford little payments now and again and

I just phone them to add a note saying il pay a little bit off,

has anyone ever gone as far as their debt being given to a dca

and if so how long did u wait before this happened

and did PayPal inform you first

and what sort of letters did u receive?

Are they in normal white envelopes or brown etc?

Any help would be nice thank you

Yes I did just wanted to see if I would get more/different responses on a new night

Seriously :) A different response?

:rofl:

No..... Seriously though - The guys are right, DCAs have no rights so dont worry. And Ive never seen a paypal account go to court :p

So lets look at this issue, £320 isnt massive so can be dealt with bit by bit. Can you afford £10 a month to pay it back? Maybe £20? How did this all come about?

We can help... Just need more info :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

paypal still claim i owe them 2 grand from around 11 years ago.... yeah right. They even locked down my verified business account and tried to hold close to 30 grand in it. Had to go to court to force them to give me it back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi thanks for the replies,

yes after my first payment of £30

they phoned and

I phoned back saying I can’t pay in full

they left another note on my account to pay another £30 by this Monday (20th) which I already have done

I think the best way is to just keep asking them to add a note and il pay £10 a week or so just u till Dec and jans paydays and it should be cleared by then hopefully.

I had £0 in bank and was able to spend more by using bank account instead of debit card method so it built up and it’s my own fault entirely but I will learn from this once it’s paid, I think they only contact me once the note on account expires

PayPal don’t do payment plans only the dca do because not hey can work on the case longer and I’m in a trust deed so I can’t take out new loans etc, I will prob hear from them again after Monday but I will just make a payment of £10 untill next week or so

Doesnt matter what paypal say they do. You can force them to accept. The DCA has absolutely no rights and you NEVER talk or deal with them.

Either ignore both parties, or if y ou want to pay, pay paypal direct and completely ignore the DCA.

They do it out of courtesy. Most times youll just get a letter. Keep paying as you are now, and if you get a letter, ignore it completely.

I can make little payments just now but it will get to a point eheee I will have to wait untill payday before I can do another one but they don’t seem to like long waits for a payment which is annoying because you tell them you can’t afford to pay every penny in one go

Doesnt matter if they dont like it. They have to go by your financial circumstances. They dont get to dictate. Especially since its almost impossible for them to enforce anything and rely on threats you and others fall for.

Not cowards, they just have very limited enforcement powers in this country. Just like a bunch of other finance companies, such as PDL's, they cant or dont take action themselves, they just pass the debt out.