Lowell claimform - old vanquis card debt - opps used CPR 18 - help theyve complied!!

macker16
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now panicking as the amended defence only has my name typed under the Statement of Truth.......

? thats alright isn't it

'(a) the name of the person who has signed the statement of truth is typed underneath the statement:'

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent it to my local county court email address, i tried for over an email to speak to an operator to confirm which email address it should go to but the automated message kept saying all operaters are busy and then hangs up so i emailed it to enquires and listings.

Now panicking as the amended defence only has my name typed under the Statement of Truth.........gotta feeling i've now messed this up! :-(

Send it again...add " Defence " Claimant Name v Defendant Name....Claim Number to the subject line

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

In the email subject line I put the claim number.

If I resend it now they'll reject it as the deadline was 4pm today!

I've totally messed this up,

I didn't know there was t&c about how email to a court had to be sent.

The email address has my full name on it,

and my full name and address was also on the amended.

Can they really reject it because they do not have my proper signature and it's only typed under the statement of truth?

Macker16

In the email subject line I put the claim number

Should be okay then...you cant sign an email copy defence...but you should also post a hard copy..... signed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

In the email subject line I put the claim number

Should be okay then...you cant sign an email copy defence...but you should also post a hard copy..... signed.

In those t&c that the court sent it said that I should only send 1 copy? On the hard copy do I ink sign next to the typed signature. On the copy that I'm going to send to Lowell should I just leave them with the typed signature as I don't want them having my signature in case they try and misuse it on documents.

I really hope I've not messed this up Andy after all the hard work you put into the defence.

Macker16

In the email subject line I put the claim number. If I resend it now they'll reject it as the deadline was 4pm today! I've totally messed this up, I didn't know there was t&c about how email to a court had to be sent. The email address has my full name on it, and my full name and address was also on the amended. Can they really reject it because they do not have my proper signature and it's only typed under the statement of truth?

Macker16

typed name under a statement is ok.

i had thought that you had not put any other details that andy mentioned #55, and was going by what the courts letter said about strictly complying with email formalities. i don't know how strict their process wld be re rejecting an email.

as andy says, it should be ok as you put your claim number there.

maybe you could try ringing the court to see if its gone through?

even if it didn't, a minor error issue like that shouldn't really be strictly penalised as non compliance with the 4pm order (some claimants don't get things in dead on time, yet it is still allowed).

don't worry.

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed they've accepted the email and have sent a hard copy today with my signature on it and have sent a copy to Lowell with only the typed signature...... Now just have to wait till the dreaded white envelope from the court appears on the mat.

....I didn't know there was t&c about how email to a court had to be sent. 6

you did. as i mentioned before, i posted it prior #36 re the CPR email formalities

did you give the court a call to see if it had gone through (or did you resend it as andy suggested).

otherwise, if the email wasn't accepted, then have to rely on your posted a couple of days late. following an email/admin error.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

After submitting my amended defence

I have today received a letter from the court saying that following a court order made on the 11 December the claim has been transferred to another County Court.

Any ideas what this could be?

I've not received any Court order and don't understand why it would be transferred to another County Court?

Thanks for any advice

Macker16

Is it not Lincoln County Court ?

Probably on its way to you...courts move slowly...but you could ring Lincoln and enquire the order and why the transfer ?

Well I've not received anything in the post and I would ring Lincoln but you just get an automated message saying all operators busy and then cut off. All seems a bit strange, guess I'll just wait wait to see what the court order is. If they had dismissed my amended defence and gone for the ccj would that involve a court order?

No.....Lincoln could deal with that....try Peterborough County Court?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have just spoken to Peterborough County Court as i still hadn't heard anything following the letter that i have December saying the claim had been transferred to Peterborough.

The advisor i spoke to said it has been passed to the district judge for Pre Judgement, what does this mean?

Many thanks

Macker16

Allocation of the claim and set directions....I wouldn't call it " Pre Judgement " but thats the court staff interpretation.

Andy

I kind of feel a bit better after reading that Andy,

i had meant it to mean that they were preparing the paperwork to issue to CCJ.

It feels like its all dragging on as i though the claim had already been allocated to small claims and i already completed the directions paperwork long before it was allocated to Lincoln. Is this all normal practice?

Not normal...but then we dont get many transfers from one county court to another without any logical explanation...I heard that Lincoln CC was marked for closure ?

May not be the case as a lot of closures where reversed and overturned...just a guess

• 1 month later...

Hi

Yesterday i received 2 letters (attached). As you will see from the thread, Lincoln was originally handling this claim and then transferred to Peterborough but now Peterborough have transferred it back to Lincoln and it says for trial.

Firslty, should i be worried that it says 'trial' and secondly it says about providing a witness statement 14 days before the hearing date but no hearing date has been set so do i wait until Lincoln contact me with a hearing date or do i prepare my WS now?

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Macker16

Hi

Yesterday i received 2 letters (attached). As you will see from the thread, Lincoln was originally handling this claim and then transferred to Peterborough but now Peterborough have transferred it back to Lincoln and it says for trial.

Firslty, should i be worried that it says 'trial' and secondly it says about providing a witness statement 14 days before the hearing date but no hearing date has been set so do i wait until Lincoln contact me with a hearing date or do i prepare my WS now?

Macker16

Directions are included in the Notice of Allocation (N157) what dates to file and serve witness statements and disclosures.Have you actually received N157 yet ?

Trial ...hearing...one and the same...dont worry:-)

Pleased you have got it back to Lincoln.

Hi

Posting again as the attachments didn't come through.

Hi

Macker16

Lowells - 19FEB18.pdf