Apple won't repair Apple Watch

Jim0203
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is about an experience I had in an Apple Store, so I hope I'm posting in the right forum. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this post -- if that is the case, please let me know where to post :)

I bought an Apple Watch earlier this year, and about a month ago it stopped working. I noticed a crack in the display, and sure enough it was cracked right the way across from the left to right, bang in the middle of the screen. Because of the way the watch works, this effectively kills the touchscreen and makes it useless.

Now, because the watch it now useless I had a really good idea of when this damage would have occurred, and that day I didn't leave the house until into the evening and then wasn't doing anything that risked damaging the watch. Also, I would expect that the force needed to damage the watch would be such that I would remember doing it; but I don't.

I took the watch to the Apple Store in Edinburgh and explained all of this to the guy working there, but he said that in Apple's view this was accidental damage (i.e., my fault) and that they would charge me for any repairs. The cost of repairs was over £200, which I wasn't prepared to pay.

Is there anything else I can do here? It seems to be my word against theirs, but I'm not sure what the law says in this scenario. I might also have another way to approach this, as I think I bought the watch from John Lewis. I'm guessing consumer law is focused on my relationship with them, rather than my relationship with Apple?

yes CRA against john lewis.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi jim,

Apple are a nightmare and their "genius bars" are occupied by idiots, imo.

You can pursue them but if they are telling you its 200£ to fix, then rest assured the figure in the real world will be a fraction.

A fantastic website for how to fix apple products yourself with step by step tare downs of their products with pictures is www ifixit. com

They will offer you decent prices for parts you need but!!!!!! They are based in America and with postage they lose their economy largely. So, find out what your screen code is on ifixit.com and you can get pattern pieces on ebay for a fraction of the price. I bought a macbook air screen for £50 on ebay and apple wwere looking between £250 & £300.

Wait on your legal position from others but www. ifixit. com is fab!

Please will you let us know the date of purchase – and the date of the damage – and the date that you reported the damage to Apple.