EE - Refuse to give PAC Code, Block Access to my A/C, want me to go to branch with ID, PLEASE HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a cash giro payment on the pre-printed T-Mobile EE payment slip at the bank in Oct, then

in Nov I received a letter from T-Mobile stating my account was in areas by 2 weeks

and it would be suspended if payment was not made.

I got onto the phone and spoke to a 'customer advisor' in India who did not help me at all..

.he kept saying 'we have no payment I can't help you'

I asked to speak to a manager, I was told 'all the managers are in a meeting' - so I said thats fine I'll wait,

the advisor said 'i'll get a manager to ring you'...i said 'no i'll wait'...

eventually a manager picked up and I said 'your customer advisor said you were in a meeting....

'...the manager said 'no i was not i was listening to a call elswhere...'

I explained I made payment at the bank in Oct,

the manager said the 'missing payments' section deals with this and he has no phone number for them.

..he tried to make out I made a mistake filling in the wrong details on the payment.

I said 'how is this even possible when the slip is pre-printed with all the details, so I can't have made a mistake!'

I was asked to email a copy of the bank giro to the 'missing payments' section, which I did.

The 'missing payments' section sent me an email the next day..

.saying they had sent it across to the bank as part of their investigation

and T Mobile would investigate and get back to me by 48hrs.

..I waited a few days and rang T-Mobile again it went through to a call centre in India.

..the advisor kept on saying 'sorry we have no payment, you must go to your bank and investigate it,

t-mobile has done everything on its part....etc'

I said 'tmobile is responsible for investigating whats happened to my payment I made over 4 weeks ago,

its not my job to take time off work to go to my bank in person and ask them, its YOUR job not mine'

- The manager just laughed in my face and said 'its YOUR job to go to YOUR bank because YOU made the payment,

Tmobile has sent the investigation to tmobile NOW its YOUR job NOT ours...etc'

I asked to speak to a manager..

..he was just as worse so

I said I would make an official complaint against him for being outright rude towards me

and the phone call was being recorded on their systems.

..I told him to end the call and he then goes 'YOU have to ended the call.

..we cant do that....etc'...so I said 'ok I'll just wait even if it takes 1hr for you to end the call..

.you work in a call centre and your telling me you don't have the option to end the call from your side?!?'

- eventually he ended the call

I spoke again to a different advisor explained the situtaion she said she was 'shocked'

I made payment over 4 weeks ago and tmobile have not investigated

or found where the payment is, then she started to blame me for the error

I have an email from tmobile saying the investigation would take 48rs, its been more than 2 weeks so far,

so tmobile have broken the promise in the email (can i use this to take to the financial ombusman)

Ive spent close to 3-4 hours on the phone to tmobile....but they don't help at all on the phone or even by email.

I've rang the bank

they took some details

the bank has confirmation the payment has been made.

So I had to take 1/2 a day off work (loss of pay) plus car parking in town to go to the bank

arrange to see the manager and get the proof payment has been made,

which I now have in my possession.

I have emailed this to tmobile and they are not responding back to my emails.

I asked tmobile if it would effect my credit - they said no (but i don't believe a word they tell me)

The bank said if tmobile had put a note on my file that has effected my credit rating,

the bank would give me evidence to say payment has been made,

which I could then ask tmobile to remove the not from my credit file.

Ive paid off all the outstanding balance on the account and

I want tmobile to admit they messed up and say sorry for the hurt distress they have caused me

and for me having spent hours on the phone and on email only for nothing in return - no help at all.

I'm worried tmobile would put a note on my file which would effect me credit rating for things like credit for good or morgtage in future.

I want to take this all the way...they are also not replying to my emails and sending me in circles

when I speak on the phone with them, they have failed to 'reply within 48hrs' as stated on the email to me

- broken their own policy and guideline.....etc

Who do I complain to in person at tmobile at what address and what do I put in the letter?

I want compensation for tmobile messing up with processing the payment the bank sent them

and for blaming me and the bank, then for me spending hours on the phone and on email,

plus loss of wages for taking 1/2 off work and for car parking,

then I want them to admit they messed up and to credit my account with the original payment made over 6 weeks ago and a letter of apology,

please can the experienced posters on here, please help me and i'm sure my case will help

others as well and be a point of reference for others, thanks

Don't phone the Call Centre, as you will end up frustrated & get no where.

Write to T-Mobile/EE Executive Office.

[email protected]

or even

[email protected]

State exactly what has gone on with your account & about your dreadful experience with their Call centre staff.

Tell them you are not happy with the level of Customer service & make it clear that Payment was made (take a picture of your proof) then attach it to your email.

Do be firm but fair & state you do not want any negative marks on your Credit file, because of their failure to act on this more quickly. (As mobile companies do trash Credit files, even for the smallest of amounts!!).

State what you want them to do & ask for compensation for your time, effort & calls etc, that's been wasted so far in trying to get this situation sorted out.

I recently had to do something similar. I got my issues sorted, along with compensation, after the Executive Office phoned me, in response to my formal complaint to the above email addresses.

I wish you good luck & hope you get your situation resolved very soon!

Let us know how you get on....

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

You are lucky that managers were rude to you!!

I waited well over half an hour in T-Mobile's store in Glenrothes Fife and no one could attend to me.

Two on duty, one was a rooky and kept asking the other for advice.

The carry on they were having trying to process the sale of new phones is unbelievable

---but two of the three punters were as thick as two short planks judging by the questions they were asking.

One kept changing her mind and so the process started all over again.

Eventually the guy said I will be with you in about 15 minutes to which I replied "No you won't" and walked out.

Yet another example of the very bad service I have had from this outfit.

Local stores can't phone head office---only regional managers.

Another large company run by remote control----and they are supposed to be a COMMUNICATIONS company.

my email does not have any facility to know if the email has been delivered or read by the receiver, so i think its best for me to write a letter, what kind of things do i need to include and do i mention i had to take 1/2 off work to go to the bank and lost 1/2 wages? and how long do i give them to respond to the letter, last question what address do i post it to?

Don't phone the Call Centre, as you will end up frustrated & get no where.

Write to T-Mobile/EE Executive Office.

[email protected]

or even

[email protected]

State exactly what has gone on with your account & about your dreadful experience with their Call centre staff.

Tell them you are not happy with the level of Customer service & make it clear that Payment was made (take a picture of your proof) then attach it to your email.

Do be firm but fair & state you do not want any negative marks on your Credit file, because of their failure to act on this more quickly. (As mobile companies do trash Credit files, even for the smallest of amounts!!).

State what you want them to do & ask for compensation for your time, effort & calls etc, that's been wasted so far in trying to get this situation sorted out.

I recently had to do something similar. I got my issues sorted, along with compensation, after the Executive Office phoned me, in response to my formal complaint to the above email addresses.

I wish you good luck & hope you get your situation resolved very soon!

Let us know how you get on....

Morning Amy,

I would still email them, as well as writing to EE with your complaint.

As you should get an email back from them stating along the lines "we have received your complaint & we will be in contact shortly".

Here is the Address to write too:

The Complaint Investigations Team,

6 Camberwell Way,

Sunderland,

Tyne and Wear,

SR3 3XN

State exactly what issues you are having. Also tell them about your poor experience with their Customer Services call centre in India & that you have taken time off work etc.

Be factual, be firm & ask for compensation for your time & efforts in trying to get this sorted.

Do provide your proof of payment. (I'd send copies & keep original for yourself).

Do make sure to state you do not want this affecting your credit file.... I would check it to make sure.

I gave EE around 10 days to get back to me & I kept chasing them up. So if you haven't heard back from them within a time period, then do get back onto them.

Good luck!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

• 2 years later...

I bought a EE PAYGO simcard this week,

topped up with £10 on Monday,

the next day I rang EE to transfer my existing number with another provider over to EE, which they happly took.

Once my number was ported to EE on Tuesday,

the next day I saw a better cheaper deal with another network,

rang EE on Wednesday to request a PAC code to leave,

I was told to ring back today,

which I did.

I requested a PAC code and was asked how much I had topped up.

I told them £10 on Monday,

EE said thats not the correct information on their system

I explained I bought the simcard,

topped up with £10,

then the next day I ported my number over to EE.

EE said that does not match what they have on their system.

I logged into my online EE a/c and saw for 6 Oct/6 Nov 2 amounts of top ups in made in the a/c, which I could never have done

(as was not even with EE and only ported my number this week to EE) for over £100 each in Oct/Nov.

My available credit was showing as 1pence, after I had used it up to ring EE.

How these 2 amounts of £100 plus top ups that were done in Oct/Nov for £100 plus are showing in my a/c I have no idea.

Have EE somehow mixed up my data with another customer?

I rang EE spoke to a guy,

who asked how much I topped up and what card I used,

provided the information

he tells me, thats not what he can see on his system,

I explained I bought the card this week,

topped up £10,

the next day after topping up I requested a PAC code to leave,

was told to ring back after 2 days, which I did.

EE guy point blank refused to provide PAC code,

told me my a/c had been locked because I 'provided the wrong information',

at this stage I was livid,

all I was asking for was a PAC code.

EE guy told me to go with ID to an EE store and ask them to provide access to my EE a/c, then ring EE again to go through security.

I was cut off by the EE guy,

rang again, got through to another EE guy who was even more aggressive towards me.

I asked to speak to his team leader, who was the same.

I explained the situation,

the team leader said,

the bank statement will not show to which number the £10 top was made to,

so that was not valid,

when I said I would email it him,

after he asked to see it,

then changed his mind.

I requested the EE team leader listen to the call I made a day before requesting a PAC code, being asked how much I topped up (£10) and by which method,

which I correctly answered and was told to ring back the next day (which is today).

EE team leader said,

you need to show ID at EE store,

then ask the store to give access to your account,

then ring us and we can try to give your PAC code.

I was boiling at this point and refused his request,

telling him, why should I take my ID to an EE store when I've only this week, ported my number to EE, topped up £10 and now requesting simply a PAC code to leave.

EE team leader said he would not discuss the acc with me,

because I provided the wrong information,

I asked him how on earth were 2 top ups in Oct/Nov showing in my a/c for over £100 each, when I only topped up £10 this week, then ported my number the next day, then asked for a PAC code to leave EE when I found a cheaper deal.

Please please can anyone with experience please help me.

That number is over 10 years old and I have no intention to lose it because of a mistake by EE.

How on earth are 2 top ups made in Oct/Nov for over £100 each are showing in my acc, when I was not even with EE.

think they had made a big mistake somewhere and mixed my details up with some?

Please help,

I have been crying after the terrible aggresssive attitude of EE and they demanding I take ID to EE store, they were talking to me like I was a criminal:sad:

EE have refused point blank to discuss my a/c and even explain how on earth those 2 top ups for over £100 in Oct/Nov are showing in my a/c,

they talked to me like I was a criminal,

all I called for was a PAC code,

I provided correct information.

Could an EE employee I could have spoken to have done this to my acc, to make it look dodgy somehow? Because I asked to leave the same week?

Would it not be simpler to go into an EE store with ID?

Up to you, you can choose which battles are worth fighting for sake of principle, and which you decide to “let go” because there is something else more important (like not losing a ‘precious’ number).

could be they have recycled the number and are digging out the old customer data in error and that is why they keep telling you they have somethng different on their screen. Now, they arent going to show or tell you about someone else's data so they are being cagey to avoid getting into trouble with the ICO over this. I know it doesnt help you port your number but a simple letter of complaint to the CEO of EE and a request to be put back to where you started (ie get your tenner back and they can keep their SIM) and then forget it regardless of how annoying and time consuming it has been to you. You wont really get any further unless you can show a loss caused by their actions.

a request to be put back to where you started (ie get your tenner back and they can keep their SIM) and then forget it regardless of how annoying and time consuming it has been to you. You wont really get any further unless you can show a loss caused by their actions.

If “they get their SIM back” : risks the OP losing the number as it won’t be a “standard porting”.

Do you really want the added risk of non-standard procedure?.