Group Signing session

trebormoinet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My local Job centre is closing down and short of staff so they are doing a group signing session where 14 of us attend at the same time and they check off our names then spend 15 minuets telling us every job available.

I decided to ask to leave once they took my name as far as I am concerned there is no lawful compulsion for me to stay but was told they would not release my money if I left.

As far as I am aware they cannot mandate me or sanction me for not attending a group session and this is what it is.

for my ills my money never went in after I complained and it turned out the advisor had not released my payment,

I believe this was intentional for daring to raise my head above the parapet.

Does anyone know if I am correct that I only have to have my attendance recorded and free to leave without sitting in the group for 15 mins listening to a advisor drone on about jobs.

Think you are on to a loser not accepting this group signing session as they want to run it, UNLESS you have a mental health or other health condition which JCP have accepted, where you cannot be in any group situation.

If you have such a health condition, then ask to see an advisor at the JCP to discuss the situation. If you have no health condition which would preclude you from a group session, then you will not get paid.

Check whatever you agreed with JCP. Bet it includes a generic wording requiring reasonable requirements on an ad hoc basis as required by your advisor.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

34. We cannot mandate a customer to a group session, although we can

issue a Jobseekers Direction to attend.

35. Given this customers can object to being dealt with in a group

environment and this must be respected. Alternatives to the group session

should be available where requested for JSA customers only.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/123985/response/303663/attach/html/17/Group%20Session%20Guidance%2026.01.12.pdf.html

Just to add a bit of meat to my argument, obviously if given a direction then attendance does not mean participation unless I am reading all this wrong but I do not believe the JCP has carte blanche what they can and cannot do as some people seem to think, there are regulations they must follow regardless .