Arnold Clark service/MOT plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I purchased a car from Arnold Clark around 3 months ago which included a service and MOT plan.

I had no end of issues when purchasing the car.

I signed 3 different order forms because the sales person entered incorrect info,

I travelled 3 hours each way to collect the car to be told the car was not ready to go,

as well as various other problems that complicated and confused the buying process.

I feel that this service plan was not explained to me properly and if I had understood I would be paying interest for a service plan over 3 years I wouldnt have bothered .

I contacted Arnold Clark customer services who have quite clearly stated i will not be getting a refund if I cancel the plan because I signed the order form and it clearly states it on there.

I understand I have signed for this but they have not taken into account how confusing the sales person made the buying process.

I actually received a good will gesture of £200 from the sales manager because of all the complications.

my question is,

do i have a right to request a refund for the service/MOT plan and if I do what are my next steps?

Thanks a lot

NB: apologies for any grammatical errors, I have typed from my phone.

Tony

Maybe somebody else will come up with a more positive opinion – but I'm afraid that at this late stage there is very little you can do.

I'm afraid that the "confusion" that you are referring to is a bit too ephemeral to provide a solid base for making any complaint or an eventual legal action.

As I say, maybe someone else will come in with some better ideas but all I can suggest is that you exploit the service plan as hard as you can go and become super fussy about it all so that you can challenge it at every step. You can either make sure that you milk it for your monies worth as much as possible or eventually if you find that there is some flaw in what is being provided for you, you might have a basis for challenging the whole thing and getting it cancelled.

You have probably been sold almost equivalent of an extended warranty. These things are very seldom worth the amount of money that one pays out for them. Apart from anything else, if the car had developed any defects over the next two or three years then it is highly likely that they would be covered by your existing consumer rights anyway.

Obviously I don't know the details of your service plan but it is effectively the equivalent of selling you duplicate rights. I don't really see any way to challenge it – although this kind of thing should certainly be unlawful

Can,t understand why you would be paying interest for a service plan, unless it was included in the deal to be financed along with the car.

Used to be a separate account.

In my experience, AC is the last outfit you want to service your car.