Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2008

Default RBS Accounts vanished

Last Thursday morning, all of my RBSicon accounts vanished and they won't tell me anything other than I'll receive a letter! Even my 6 year old son's account has vanished along with the housekeeping account.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: RBS Accounts vanished

Please look up CIFASicon on the Internet. It is very likely that you have been suspected in some way of fraudulent behaviour. This can be triggered by large sums all of a sudden the moving in or out of an account. The banks then completely clam up on you, leave you in limbo and generally speaking treat you like a bit of brown stuff with no communication, no explanation and no apologies.

It can go on for ages with no access to your funds.

There is very little you can do about it but you should write a letter to RBSicon immediately asking them why and protesting. This will do absolutely no good whatsoever but at least you lay down a paper trail.

The next thing you should do is see if you can sort out a bank account elsewhere and have money paid in there for the moment and also start making alternative arrangements for the payment of essential bills because if I'm right, then nothing will move into your account without vanishing and certainly nothing will move out of it.

Enjoy!

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: RBS Accounts vanished

deleted

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />
    Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following