Gas account erroneously taken

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gas account erroneously taken

- in September I received a 'sorry you are leaving' email from NPower who provide both my gas and electric.

On phoning to enquire I was told I had signed up with another energy company, Tonik, which I hadn't.

I then rang Tonik who told me that they knew of the error and would immediately transfer me back.

At the end of October nothing had happened, so rang them again

.. to be told it would be another 30 days.

Now my question is

- I know I don't have to pay Tonik for any gas,

I assume I have to pay NPower.

Now I am on a tight budget and pay monthly.

given I now haven't paid anything from September and won't be back with NPower til late November at the earliest

- that is 3 months plus gas I haven't paid for a monthly basis

and will have to somehow find the money for when this mess (not of my causing) is sorted.

Does anyone know how all this works

- am I actually with Tonik now or am I technically still with Npower ?

npower should sort this out not tonik

they are well aware that these little companies pull these stunts.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was advised by NPower that it would be more effective if I asked for the account to be transferred back to NPower. Tonik even admitted liability saying they had read my meter instead of my neighbour's. My main concern is me not paying anyone be it Tonik or NPower for my gas at present and sooner or later someone is going to want paying for it and I don't want to be hit with a hike in monthly payments because of this

you should have put the money aside

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

by your own admission you are worried about it

you state you are not paying for it at present, and when will you have too.

so that logically means you understand it will need paying...so why have you not been putting the money aside?

the fact that an error has been made doesn't remove you from having to pay for what you have used

and they

NPowers office that deals with erroneous transfers is based in India, so this might be why they advise to deal with the other company. Having spoken to someone working for another energy supplier, they dread dealing with NPower, as very few people in their Indian call centre speak clear English. As a result they have no confidence NPower will resolve the problem and usually they are proved correct, as the erroneus transfer is not resolved properly.

Even if you speak to NPower in the UK, it will get passed to India to sort out with Tonik. If you speak to Tonik, they will have to deal with NPower india.

You have ended up in a situation that will cause you to lose your hair. Good luck and try to get NPower UK to fully resolve if you can.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

all you have to remember si you owe Tonik nothing at all, you arent and werent their customer ever. NPower may have to do a bit of creative data massage to get your billing back to its regular cycle so keep an eye on the meter by taking readings every week at the same time.