style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked about the notice of enforcement and he said it was sent on 05/09. I did not receive this and when I asked for a tracking number he said there wasn't one.

I would suspect that you have been reading internet sites. Whilst the internet is a great source of information, that is not to say that all the information is accurate. The myth about a 'tracking number' is just that....a myth.

Hi the vehicle I assume as I have not been given any details was bought at the end of jan 17 and it was sold on at the beginning of June and dvla informed.

I have only lived at this address so it was registered here. I have not received any notices about this issue, although as I previously mentioned there is a domestic violence prevention order which was issued on 04 sept so I wasn’t resident at this address for nearly 2 weeks after that date for obvious reasons.

When you purchased the vehicle in January, do you remember notifying DVLA that you were the new keeper?

Do you recollect taxing the vehicle?

If your name was properly recorded with DVLA, then you should have received the following documents:

A summons

A Notice of Fines/Collection Order from the court (this would have been sent sometime in late May)

A Further Steps Notice from the court as well (this would have been sent sometime around June/July.

I didn’t buy the car, my former partner did,

as I mentioned previously I haven’t driven since July 2016 due to medication I take for anxiety,

anything to do with the car was down to him but obviously he must have registered it in my name.

I have definitely not received any of the aforementioned letters,

however I am not naive enough to know after the experience I have had for the last few years that letters addressed to me were possibly intercepted.

Im also not naive enough to know that is no defence which is why all I was asking for was a payment arrangement.

As soon as I became aware of this I contacted the number given,

had I been aware of it sooner I would have contacted sooner,

I’m honestly starting to think that my only option now is to arrange a time to let him in and do his worst to just end this matter,

this whole thing is new to me and I can eventually replace the things he takes

I can’t take away the fear he will cause my son and daughter if him and god knows how many others come in when I’m not here

.he specifically stated he was bringing ‘the team’ a locksmith and the police were already aware

No don't do that

and don't fall for the stupid locksmith/police stuff.

it just said to pressure people and shouldn't be stated.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just arrange with your local Magistrates to do a statutory declaration that you never received a summons from the court. You can explain about the personal problems you have had and that you did not register the car, but a former partner may have put your name down without your permission. You might get to a position of owing nothing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Definitely worth trying what UB suggests contact the court first thing tomorrow, if a Statutory Declaration is accepted you can tel the bailiff to foxtrot oscar.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you everyone for your comments and advice. I have to return to work tomorrow but I will definitely call the court and try to get more info

You need to make an appt for a stat dec. Not just try and get more info

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D