Employment Agency and Wages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been made redundant and accepting the settlement secured another position with another company.

The only problem being the start date was 12 weeks.

Start this new position on the 13/11/2017.

Until then registered with an employment agency as a temporary measure.

That company being Manpower

Checked the online payslips and shocked that no wages.

It turns out this multi national company that has the contract with Manpower emailed my time sheet using an alternative email address by mistake

Manpower first of all tried the usual excuses that payroll had a cut off etc and will get it back next week etc.

it was decided a Chaps payment will be sent today.

Looks like another excuse as no payment has been credited

My question is that my contract is with Manpower,

it is them that pay me and have the statutory obligation to pay my accrued hours being in possession of my time sheet on Wednesday, be it late.

Any thoughts on this as it is disgusting they expect me to last a week with no wages

It depends on exactly what your contract with them says and if there is a firm set payday or a vague "on or around." Fine print time I think.

They do need a confimed timesheet or they have no guarantee you turned up and that they will get paid - I am afraid many agency workers are not the most honest, so it needs tight mnitoring; nature of the fleeting employment relationship, I guess. (Not a majority, but an irritatingly large minority!)

However, rights are all very well but don't pay for the electricity. So, charm charm charm the money out of them, and ask the company where you work if they can sort the timesheet asap.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The time sheets are sent electronically. Fair enough the contract employer did frack up sending to the wrong email address but Manpower have had that correct electronic time sheet since Wednesday.

Am more annoyed to be honest promised a Chaps payment at 65% today then nothing. You would think an established company such as Manpower would treat their staff better. Where would i be if i did not have that Credit Card?

No worries start my new job on 13/11/2017 and will have to hit the credit card until receive two sets of wages next Friday

Just to point out that CHAPS is same day payment (provided payment is credited by a certain time of day), not instant payment.

It can hit your bank account are any time that day - up to midnight.

FPS is the faster service, assuming their bank and yours offer the service.

If CHAPS hits the bank too late, then it can't be processed on the same day.

You would think an established company such as Manpower would treat their staff better.

Not in my experience. Unless you're times served with them and have a rare skill set, you're cannon fodder. As long as *someone* turns up with the clinet, their work is done.....

Very glad to hear abut the new job and hope it goes brilliantly!!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!