Sportsdirect warranty on faulty products instore **RESOLVED**

thunder786
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased 2x hiking sticks from Sports Direct 2 months ago. Whilst using them i realised one was longer than the other. Upon further investigation i realised one of mine was missing a piece to make it complete.

Few days ago took it back instore asking for a replacement of the same product but was told that SportsDirect only offer 1 month warranty on all their products, even if they are faulty. They basically refused all service on the matter and was told something identical at a different store.

Are they correct in only offering 1 month? As i thought warranties were supposed to be 6 months

stuff all to do with any warranties.

CRA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah ok, thought warranty was always the thing to quote. The first person i dealt with was the manager, and he basically fobbed me off and told me to complain to head office.

I'll try a different store and will quote the CRA this time. Hopefully the next one is educated.

Tell us which branch it was please?

This was the Harrow on the Hill store (not Debenhams one).

Regarding the brand, i already considered going direct to them, but quickly realised after browsing the website that is was awfully similar to the SportsDirect website. Didn't take long to realise Gelert are owned by SportsDirect.

Almost gave up caring as they are so cheap, but considering i need them next week, going to stick to my rights.!

I didn't get anywhere with a pair of trainers that disintegrated after 3 days, yes, that's three whole days.

Twitter, Facebook, head office, ceo, all to no avail.

I decided to cut my losses and accept that i had lost £12.

I left negative feedback in many places, but the internet is flooded with them, so i don't think they care at all.

I came across something called resolver and was going to use that. Decided to try a different store one last time armed with the CRA, and they changed it no questions asked even before I got into the legal jargon.

They were willing to change both to 2 new ones as well. A huge inconsistency between 2 different stores but atleast it’s resolved.

glad its sorted

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...