Rossendales hand delivered letter - unpaid unpaid PCN from last year

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a letter hand delivered from rossendales regarding a unpaid debt for £400ish

that says i have 24hrs to pay outstanding amount or they can seize goods and also force entry?

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Did they put a breakdown of what the debt amount was for, and what fees have been applied?

If attended as bailiffs move any car well away, and don't let them in.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Had a letter hand delivered from rossendales regarding a unpaid debt for £400 ish that says i have 24hrs to pay outstanding amount or they can seize goods and also force entry?

Bailiffs can only force entry to a private house if they are enforcing a criminal fine or carrying out an eviction.

If it is not either of these, then they can't and won't force entry. If you open the door, they will try foot in the door and if necessary claim they were invited in. Therefore not wise to open up the door or to acknowledge that you are in. Don't have a car parked near the house and nothing in separate garages or sheds of any value.

You should have had a notice of enforcement letter previously and letters from whoever is owed an amount.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The debt was originally for some unpaid car tax on a car i sold but the purchaser didnt send off the v5 so was still registered to me. no breakdown of fees on this one although i could of had previous letters have a few unopened.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

moved to the bailiffs forum.

what is the title of this letter please?

is this Rossendale collect

or Rossendale Bailiffs?

sounds like you might have gotten a road tax fine

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

had to hide that

you need to redact it please

pop it up as a PDF please

read UPLOAD

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have done as asked and attached it rather than an external link.

its a magistrates fine

you need to act on this tomorrow

possible forced entry is allowed

you should have kept the V5C and given the green bit to the buyer

you say you have unopened letters

so what are they .

dx

and they

The debt was originally for some unpaid car tax on a car i sold but the purchaser didnt send off the v5 so was still registered to me. no breakdown of fees on this one although i could of had previous letters have a few unopened.

I can see nothing on the notice to suggest that this debt is anything at all to do with a court fine for unpaid car tax. Neither can I see any reference regarding 'forced entry'?

To me, this debt is a simple road traffic debt for an unpaid penalty charge notice issued by a local authority.

hey thanks, seems we jumped..to the wrong conclusions

dx

and they

Those letters from Rossers are too vague. ' Road traffic offences'. They should have to state exactly what the enforcement visit relates to. Surely it only takes a minute to write down PCN issued by x authority August 2017 or whatever the issue is.

Is this deliberate or does the EO not have the details when they write these ?

Those letters from Rossers are too vague. ' Road traffic offences'. They should have to state exactly what the enforcement visit relates to. Surely it only takes a minute to write down PCN issued by x authority August 2017 or whatever the issue is.

Is this deliberate or does the EO not have the details when they write these ?

I would agree with you UB about the vagueness of the information on the notice. Regrettably, the notice is not a statutory one. When the regulations were overhauled in 2014, they did not provide for a statutory notice that could be left at the property to advise that a visit had been made whilst the person had been at work/out shopping etc.

More detail on the debt and what it relates to would have been provided on the Notice of Enforcement.

• 1 month later...

Update...

I spoke to the enforcement agent who confirmed it was for a unpaid PCN from last year.

She wanted me to agree to 4 x monthly installments of £100 + to settle which i could not afford

i suggested i would speak with my parents to use a credit card ~(no intention of doing so)

I never heard back from her

now i have another letter from rossendales notice of proposed legal proceedings,

7 days to pay etc..

Date of offence was 05/07/2016 total outstanding is £423.00

Ugh?

What legal proceedings??

Scan it up to PDF please

Read upload

and they

so they cant do anything without the local authorities permission.

i'd be ringing the local authority then..

i'm sure someone with better knowledge with confirm or deny

it doesnt look like they have added anything and cant..

and they

Spoke to local authority asking if they would accept payment without involvement of rossendales but apparantly once its with them its out of there hands. have emailed rossendales one of the templates off here suitably adjusted asking to see proof of ownership of the debt.

Have emailed rossendales one of the templates off here suitably adjusted asking to see proof of ownership of the debt.

I don't know where the idea has come from that Rossendales 'owns the debt'? For clarity, the local authority have been granted a Liability Order in the Magistrates Court. Once granted the council can use a range of options to enforce payment. One of those options is an Attachment of Earnings but sadly, there are many pitfalls to these attachments, and this is why councils (and courts) do not use them as often as they could.

The most popular way in which councils enforce payment of the Liability Order is via the use of bailiffs.....in this case by using Rossendales. That company will have a contract with the council. They neither own the debt or buy the debt. Rossendales are simply acting as agents for the local authority.

PS: Would you mind posting a link to the template that you have used.

Sorry but I am totally confused here as to what this is all about.

Early on in the thread there is talk of this being for an unpaid fine for non-payment of car tax and the letter in Post 8 appears to have been left following a visit to the premises - one assumes a Notice of Enforcement was sent prior to this. That would have been on top of all the previous letters about it when it all started.

The letter in Post 16 alludes to a PCN and from the tone of it appears to be a notification to pay before it goes to Court (TEC).

Think we need a lot more information about this.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it is for an unpaid PCN the car tax post was prior to finding out what it was about. Basically my car was parked on a local road on double yellows and therefore got a ticket from the local authority. After not paying the initial and then increased charge i had letters sent from Rossendales and after ignoring them had the door step visit. Since then the most recent correspondence is the letter posted above. Hope this clears it up a little.

I don't know where the idea has come from that Rossendales 'owns the debt'? For clarity, the local authority have been granted a Liability Order in the Magistrates Court. Once granted the council can use a range of options to enforce payment. One of those options is an Attachment of Earnings but sadly, there are many pitfalls to these attachments, and this is why councils (and courts) do not use them as often as they could.

The most popular way in which councils enforce payment of the Liability Order is via the use of bailiffs.....in this case by using Rossendales. That company will have a contract with the council. They neither own the debt or buy the debt. Rossendales are simply acting as agents for the local authority.

PS: Would you mind posting a link to the template that you have used.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387504-Letter-to-DCA-requesting-confirmation-of-Assignment-(update-21.04.2014)

Sorry but I am totally confused here as to what this is all about.

Think we need a lot more information about this.

I've not helped the position either as I mistakenly mentioned that the debt had been for a Liability Order (instead of a simple parking related debt).

I am sorry to be blunt but ignoring all correspondence from the council has directly lead you to be in the position that you are now in. I'm not sure what the position is with your car but it is now seriously at risk of being seized.

In your first post you claimed that the letter from Rossendales stated that they would force entry. That claim by you was proven to be wrong when you posted a copy of the letter.

Today, in another post you have confirmed that you had received all notices from the local authority and that you had also ignored letters from Rossendales.

In your above post you have stated that you had informed the agent that you would try to borrow the money from your mother . You then mention that in reality, you had no intention of doing so.

My personal opinion is that you are not wanting help from the forum in dealing with this debt....instead, you are wanting assistance with ways to avoid paying.

No worries car in question has been sold on this charge is from July 2016.

Avoid paying fees/charges etc yes. I was quite willing to pay the council when i spoke with them and am happy to pay an increased fee also but not £423.00.

Just received this email reply in response to yesterdays email.

We are acting on behalf of Staffordshire County Council who have asked us to enforce a warrant granted against you by TEC Northampton County Court for an unpaid Road Traffic fine.

Our parking clients send out a number of letters/Notices prior to registering debts with TEC (Traffic Enforcement Centre) at Northampton County Court and then finally referring the warrants to us to commence enforcement

The Warrant allows a certificated Enforcement Agent acting on behalf of the council to take control of goods. There are specific regulations which allow for recovery action to be taken against customers who do not pay their Road Traffic Fines.

We can confirm that no contract exists between us as no consideration has been received by either party.

Please note that details of our complaints procedure can be found on our website http://www.rossendales.com

In the meantime, if you would like to pay by instalments we need a full financial statement listing all your household income and expenditure to enable us to agree an appropriate level of repayment.

Please find attached a blank financial statement form for you to complete. If for any reason you are unable to use the attached form, please write down your income and expenses in an email or in a letter and send on to us.

We have placed a hold on your case for 14 days to allow you time to send the information in to us.

If we do not hear from you further recovery action may be taken.

Yours sincerely