Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder clint1974 Novitiate clint1974's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: Rossendales hand delivered letter

Yes it is for an unpaid PCN the car tax post was prior to finding out what it was about. Basically my car was parked on a local road on double yellows and therefore got a ticket from the local authority. After not paying the initial and then increased charge i had letters sent from Rossendales and after ignoring them had the door step visit. Since then the most recent correspondence is the letter posted above. Hope this clears it up a little.

Currently Reclaiming PPI
    Santander (Evans Store Card)
    MBNA (A&L Credit Card)
    RBS (Natwest Loan) Settled
    Bank Charges Reclaimed
    RBS Bank Acc 1750 Settle In Full 16/10/2006
    RBS Credit Card 132 18/09/2006
    Bankrupt May 2009

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Bailiff Advice View Post
    I don't know where the idea has come from that Rossendales 'owns the debt'? For clarity, the local authority have been granted a Liability Order in the Magistrates Court. Once granted the council can use a range of options to enforce payment. One of those options is an Attachment of Earnings but sadly, there are many pitfalls to these attachments, and this is why councils (and courts) do not use them as often as they could.

The most popular way in which councils enforce payment of the Liability Order is via the use of bailiffs.....in this case by using Rossendales. That company will have a contract with the council. They neither own the debt or buy the debt. Rossendales are simply acting as agents for the local authority.

PS: Would you mind posting a link to the templateicon that you have used.
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...te-21.04.2014)

Currently Reclaiming PPI
    MBNA (A&L Credit Card)
    Bank Charges Reclaimed
    Bankrupt May 2009

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice's Avatar

Cagger since : Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ploddertom View Post
    Sorry but I am totally confused here as to what this is all about.

Think we need a lot more information about this.
    I've not helped the position either as I mistakenly mentioned that the debt had been for a Liability Order (instead of a simple parking related debt).

Gold Account Holder Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice Authoritative Bailiff Advice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clint1974 View Post
    Yes it is for an unpaid PCN the car tax post was prior to finding out what it was about.

Basically my car was parked on a local road on double yellows and therefore got a ticket from the local authority. After not paying the initial and then increased charge i had letters sent from Rossendales and after ignoring them had the door step visit. Since then the most recent correspondence is the letter posted above. Hope this clears it up a little.
    I am sorry to be blunt but ignoring all correspondence from the council has directly lead you to be in the position that you are now in. I'm not sure what the position is with your car but it is now seriously at risk of being seized.

Update...

I spoke to the enforcement agent who confirmed it was for a unpaid PCN from last year. She wanted me to agree to 4 x monthly installments of 100 + to settle which i could not afford. I suggested i would speak with my parents to use a credit card ~(no intention of doing so)
    In your first post you claimed that the letter from Rossendales stated that they would force entry. That claim by you was proven to be wrong when you posted a copy of the letter.

Today, in another post you have confirmed that you had received all notices from the local authority and that you had also ignored letters from Rossendales.

In your above post you have stated that you had informed the agent that you would try to borrow the money from your mother . You then mention that in reality, you had no intention of doing so.

My personal opinion is that you are not wanting help from the forum in dealing with this debt....instead, you are wanting assistance with ways to avoid paying.

I am sorry to be blunt but ignoring all correspondence from the council has directly lead you to be in the position that you are now in. I'm not sure what the position is with your car but it is now seriously at risk of being seized.
    No worries car in question has been sold on this charge is from July 2016.

Currently Reclaiming PPI
    MBNA (A&L Credit Card)
    Bank Charges Reclaimed
    Bankrupt May 2009

Follows
    Following

In your first post you claimed that the letter from Rossendales stated that they would force entry. That claim by you was proven to be wrong when you posted a copy of the letter.

Today, in another post you have confirmed that you had received all notices from the local authority and that you had also ignored letters from Rossendales.

In your above post you have stated that you had informed the agent that you would try to borrow the money from your mother . You then mention that in reality, you had no intention of doing so.

My personal opinion is that you are not wanting help from the forum in dealing with this debt....instead, you are wanting assistance with ways to avoid paying.
    Avoid paying fees/charges etc yes. I was quite willing to pay the council when i spoke with them and am happy to pay an increased fee also but not 423.00.

Currently Reclaiming PPI
    MBNA (A&L Credit Card)
    Bank Charges Reclaimed
    Bankrupt May 2009

Follows
    Following

Just received this email reply in response to yesterdays email.

We are acting on behalf of Staffordshire County Council who have asked us to enforce a warrant granted against you by TEC Northampton county courticon for an unpaid Road Traffic fine.

Our parking clients send out a number of letters/Notices prior to registering debts with TEC (Traffic Enforcement Centre) at Northampton County Court and then finally referring the warrants to us to commence enforcement

The Warrant allows a certificated Enforcement Agent acting on behalf of the council to take control of goods. There are specific regulations which allow for recovery action to be taken against customers who do not pay their Road Traffic Fines.

We can confirm that no contract exists between us as no consideration has been received by either party.

Please note that details of our complaints procedure can be found on our website www.rossendales.com

In the meantime, if you would like to pay by instalments we need a full financial statement listing all your household income and expenditure to enable us to agree an appropriate level of repayment.

Please find attached a blank financial statement form for you to complete. If for any reason you are unable to use the attached form, please write down your income and expenses in an email or in a letter and send on to us.

We have placed a hold on your case for 14 days to allow you time to send the information in to us.

If we do not hear from you further recovery action may be taken.

Yours sincerely

Currently Reclaiming PPI
    MBNA (A&L Credit Card)
    Bank Charges Reclaimed
    Bankrupt May 2009

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2009

The templateicon you used was for a debt collectoricon - unfortunately Bailiffs are a different matter altogether. I gather you must also have asked about a contract that may exist between you. Again this wrong. They have given an opportunity for you to pay in instalments and think it may be wise to take them up on that otherwise you will be constantly looking over your shoulder or dreading the knock at the door for the foreseeable future.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative

Cagger since : Mar 2011

No worries car in question has been sold on this charge is from July 2016.
    The car in question may have been sold since but that wasn't really the point. If you mean you now have no car at all then OK, no problem. But if you have another car now and it's at or near your house it is at risk of being seized. Hence the advice given to move it a long way away from your house.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details