style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first post so be kind!

I recently received a PCN for failing to comply with a no entry restriction.

What happened was that upon seeing the no entry signs I performed a U-turn (3 point turn) and the camera took a picture of the front of my car as I had reversed the back of my car past the no entry sign.

My question is this - How far, legally, does your car have to pass the no entry sign? As only the back wheels of my car went past....

Thanks in advance!

its not from the sign

its from the road junction

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

probably seems weird it got you back end mind if you didn't enter the junction at all

I assume you simply got a photo

google streetview link so we can look?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then appeal on the basis that the contravention did not occur. Explain what you did. Realising that only buses were allowed through you did the only thing you could by turning round and going back the way you came, Your vehicle did not go through the narrowed section of the road and therefore you did comply with a no entry sign.

was it that place though?

there is another pinch point at the other end of the road but the no entry signs only apply to the side of the road that is BUSES ONLY and allows traffic through the pinch point in the centre lane. If this is correct then why on earth did you not follow the directions given or stop and look at it carefully?

Also, as there cameras are usually CCTV you should ask the council for all of the images that show your vehicle If they only say they have just that one then they will be in a tricky position to claim that the offence occurred

ask for the images and let them know that you may well be appealing as the offence is failing to comply to a no entry sign and it is a moot point whether there can be such an offence where entry is allowed on the road in question or whether their interpretation is so strict that approaching the sign in that lane is a failure to comply rather than driving in a bus lane ( or even driving without due care and attention if spotted by a police officer).

I suspect that this will not end at the first request/appeal

It was definitely that place. I think I will be appealing and I will be asking for the CCTV footage as this will provide evidence of the turn.

Many thanks for all the advice.

:-)