Late Licensing Penalty Notice

draiggoch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm after advice on an issue I have with the DVLA before I make any contact with them!

I have 2 vehicles registered in my name

this year I only received a letter from the DVLA to renew one of the vehicles,

when I went online to renew I checked for the renew date of the other vehicle to discover it had run out a month earlier.

On discovering this I immediately paid for the vehicle,

I also updated my address on both vehicles and my driving license as I was in the process of moving home.

This all happened back in June.

Just by chance three letters delivered to my old address was passed on to me this week and all three letters are from advantis a debt collecting company which said they're collecting the late licensing penalty passed on by the DVLA because of no response to a letter the DVLA sent.

Please note the three letters passed on to me were all sent by advantis.

I also have not received anything from the DVLA to my current address.

I feel that I've been treated unfairly as I genuinely did not remember the due date on the vehicle and only checked when I received a reminder letter on the other vehicle.

Is it just me or is this a reoccurring issue with the current system the DVLA have in place?

I think it's unfair penalising individuals who genuinely forget the due date.

The old system of having a disc displayed in the windscreen of your vehicle was better and a constant reminder of the due date...

Now that I have a debt collecting company on the case, does this affect my credit rating?

Again I feel unfairly treated as if I had received the reminder letter from the DVLA in the first instance this wouldn't of escalated.

I don't understand why the DVLA passed on my old address to the debt collecting company when I had already updated to my current address?

Do I have any chance of having this resolved?

The reminders are a courtesty. Theres no mandate for them to send you one. I have a cheap calendar on my fridge and simply mark the date on it for things like that

The DCA is only collecting on behalf of the DVLA. They cant do anything apart form ask to pay.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ignore advantis totally

no DCA has any legal powers

they ARE NOT BAILIIFFS

and no it cant harm your credit rate

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...