Onesure Cancellation woes

DriftingPhoenix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I had a trade insurance with Onesure last year, and despite the cost and the business closing, I kept the policy for the year.

It has now come round to renewal, and due to working in an employed position, I couldn't call during their working hours, so have gone to cancel today.

The policy is £1100, but they are looking to charge me over £450 for cancelling 3 days in (2 being weekend).

I can understand some cancellation fee, but it's within 14 days cooling off period and this amount!

They are currently speaking to the underwriter to check costs, but I fear this is part of a play, and preparing myself.

Anyone with any advice or experience in how to deal with this, or a successful outcome, as that's a lot of money for 3 days, where it only had my car on the policy, covered by a new one that I could do online at the weekend.

thanks in advance

David

Your saying now your employed you could not ring. So your working a Job That goes on longer than 8.30am to 7pm without your phone or access to a phone and no breaks or lunch time. They are also open weekends and offer an online call back request service.

That wont wash.

Your argument with them is excessive charges

Any form of business Insurance is very different to a personal insurance.

The cooling off period is really there for situations where there is a problem with the policy terms i.e you have read them and they are no longer correct for your needs. Even then you have to pay time on risk, plus any other fees stated in the policy terms.

If you closed the business and there was no risk to be Insured, you should supply evidence of no risk to be Insured and you should have cancelled the policy earlier. Try to get them to backdate cancellation, rather that argue about cooling off perioc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

SgtBush, Yes I'm now at a supermarket where my 30min break in a usual 10hr shift didn't help.

And yes, I didn't think about them being open on the weekend either.

But agree with it not washing.

UncleBulgaria, yes there was no risk as the business wasn't running that required it, and the car on the policy was insured elsewhere at the time of expiry.

I haven't heard from them at the moment still, but expecting the worst