Harry's.com - beware!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, this is just a friendly head's up as regards www.harrys.com . You know that advert about two blokes reinventing shaving?

Not normally a sucker for this marketing nonsense but I thought £2.95 for a razor and a shave can't go wrong!?

Haven't used the Harry's trial pack, its sitting in my bathroom unused as yet. Tonight I opened my email and there was Harry's telling me my order was about to be dispatched on 1st Nov and £20 will be deducted from my account!!!???

I didn't order a follow up! I only ordered a trial!!! Quick return email stating I only ordered trial and what the bloomin heck where they doing? If they do there will be hell to pay and all the rest.

Went to their site and keyed in my email & password and tried to delete my bank account details that you must use to buy the trial pack, Guess what? There is no deleted bank details facility.

Will keep this thread updated as I see how this crowd reacts? Anyone else have similar experience? Any advice?

you mean you gave them your card details?

if so ring YOUR BANK NOW

and cancel the Continuous Payment Authority

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I didn't order a follow up! I only ordered a trial!!! Quick return email stating I only ordered trial and what the bloomin heck where they doing? If they do there will be hell to pay and all the rest.

Had a quick look at this £2.95 offer. On purchasing this trial pack, you are subscribing to an ongoing shaving plan along with the associated costs.

From their Q&A page:

How does your Trial work? A Trial pack contains all you need for about 2 weeks of shaving - time for you to test out all the products and make sure you're happy with them. It costs just £2.95, which covers the cost of delivery. During the sign up process you tell us how often you shave, so after 17 days we will dispatch the first of your automatic Shave Plan deliveries and continue sending every 2-5 months depending on frequently you need them. Remember, you're in complete control and can easily modify or cancel anytime!

How do I cancel my Shave Plan online?

You can cancel your Shave Plan through the Your Details section of your Profile, by clicking "Cancel Plan" on the bottom-left of the screen. We hate to see you go, though! If you have any feedback as to why you wanted to cancel, feel free to send us a note at [email protected] with your thoughts.

Have you tried the "Cancel Plan" option ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

no go cancel the CPA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So where is the is issue, where's the need of the warning?

How about amending the title to read the terms of the offer before you sign up?

I've had a cursory look and there is absolutely nothing to suggest they are not being upfront with what people are signing up to. In fact, to me they look to be written in a friendly way...there are certainly clear instructions on what to press to cancel.

Why are people being advised on how to get out of a contract that they have signed up to, what would the response be if the company was trying to end a contract that had been signed in good faith by both parties?

Spudzulu,no! It is a marketing trick that they all seem to use nowadays!

The choice of consumer is that they are only entering into a single contract for a "Trial pack" ,it is NOT made clear that you are entering into a continued direct debit agreement.

Whenever, I test drive a car I am not entering into an agreement to buy!

I standby my thread title and you at harrys need to realise that customer trust is more important than customer turnover.

I work for them? That's really strange because yesterday I was sat on a ambulance dressed as a Paramedic.

I've never took a car for a test drive after signing up and paying for it.

How did they get your direct debit details...oh that's right you handed them over when you signed up.

I wish you well.

That's just the thing though I paid £2.95 for the "Trial pack" nothing more, nothing less.

I don't wish to confuse you with the technicalities of a "Trial" but you seem unaware that a "Trial" is not a binding, ongoing contract.

Irrespective of who works for harry's or not, the free trial shows nothing about cancellation fees. I assume this will be after the customer has set up an account.

In my opinion, this particular term is a significant one and as such should be made very clear on the first page.

I bother the ASA often enough with advertising complaints so why don't you do it instead. It's very easy and quick to do online.

The ASA have made it very clear in previous adjudications that significant terms should be made clear, not hidden away in the terms and conditions.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I didn't order a follow up! I only ordered a trial!!!

I've just looked at the site and as far as I can see it's impossible to sign up for the free trial without ticking an on-going products plan:

#https://www.harrys.com/en/gb/trial/build#products

The next page also says (about future deliveries):

We’ll send a reminder email before your delivery is dispatched so you have enough time to modify or cancel your plan.

TBH it's the most up-front of any free trial plus on-going subscription site that I've come across

No Michael it is a definition of what a "Trial" is.

" A TEST of the performance, qualties, or suitability of someone or something."

So, the "Trial" subscription is a series of click through pages with products pre chosen and I am unable to unselect. But being a "Trial" the ball should be in my court to proceed and the fact that they have chosen to predetermine my future purchase, should they pass my "Test" is fine if I give them the nod to proceed, which I haven't as they assume I do, when I accept the offer of their "trial".

Why you fail to grasp this,beggars belief.

So, the "Trial" subscription is a series of click through pages with products pre chosen and I am unable to unselect. But being a "Trial" the ball should be in my court to proceed and the fact that they have chosen to predetermine my future purchase, should they pass my "Test" is fine if I give them the nod to proceed, which I haven't as they assume I do, when I accept the offer of their "trial".

Yet knowing all that, you still decided to sign up.

The vast majority of these types of offers rely on subscribers forgetting to cancel within the trial period and the first they know about being charged is when they eventually notice it on their credit card statement.

However in this case, Harry's sent you a reminder email in advance of the first delivery and allowed you to cancel easily.

The end result of which is that you have the trial pack and no further committment.

• Haha 1

I've just looked at the site.

Seems up front and was to.me.

This is on the 2nd page at the top in huge letters.

Choose your ongoing products

Ongoing products charge after your two week trial period.

Cancel anytime. Free deliveries always.

This is on page three

How often do you shave?

We'll send your ongoing deliveries based on how often you shave.

It's easy to change your delivery frequency at any time.

This is on page 4

We’ll send a reminder email before your delivery is dispatched so you have enough time to modify or cancel your plan.

So to me, they have been upfront.

I know it gives them continued payments authority.

Order the trial and then cancel. Just because you have had a bad experience does not mean everyone will.

I use Harrys.com and it costs me around 14 quid every 3 months which is a lot cheaper than supermarkets and the blades seen to stay sharper longer.