• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

car accident - opinions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

morning all

travelling back from holiday and have had a bit of a bump, stopped and swapped details of course but not sure how its likely to go.

came off M60 on slip road and theres two lanes to go around onto M67,

i was in left hand side of the two (video shows markings on road)

went to go around the lane (stayed in lane)

and unfortunately someones come from the 3rd lane and tried to go straight on - straight into side of the car

not sure how insurance is likely to view it to be honest (especially as its wife insurance as named driver)

the only other detail is that although its dented his wing its has actually done very little to our car, most a scratch and a tiny dent so really not sure if its worth claiming

http://tinyurl.com/y7geetg7

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Ta ford not sure why it was playing silly bods it kept showing the code bit then vanishing when I clicked post

correction i think its site issues, your video link shows on my phone but not my pc - RIP webmaster

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

It's clear to me that you were in the correct lane to go on m27 and the blue car hit you on the side (your car jolted).

I wonder what the insurance would think though.

They're a law into themselves and they would possibly settle on a 50/50 claiming that it looked like you were continuing going around the roundabout and were in the wrong lane.

They would possibly say: "in fact you continued the manoeuvre and changed lane after the accident", completely ignoring the fact that you had to stop and exchange details.

It all comes down to which insurer you have your policy with, some are good, some others not so much.

The video is precious though.

Keep on top of this matter by regularly calling the insurance until they assess the liability (don't forget to record calls), just in case they settle at 50/50 without telling you.

If they want to split liability you will need to start a complaint.

In any case unfortunately you have to report this incident.

Ta king that was my thinking as although the arrows are marked straight on the m67 is actually to the right

So what's happened is he's used the right hand lane for m67 (way we went after the bump and where we parked) to go down the m60

All he kept saying after the bump was that he had the right to go that way as the dashed lines mentioned he could change lanes (didn't like it when I pointed out the dashed lines were around the other side of the round about not on the junction)

Will report it today as a little worried he's going to try it on for damage and injury - I doubt it as very low speed and after a bit of cleaning his paint off its basically left a dent roughly half an inch square and a little bit of tire mark that's taking A little more cleaning

Please note:

was he trying then to do what the red car did; cut across (but too late) to go down the slip, you being in the right lane for m67

Pretty much.

Insurance viewed video today and agreed that's what he seemed to do. Their going to push for admittance of fault from his insurance

Please note:

well car accident no.2 today

this time im not putting the video on view as unlike the wifes camera mine records sound and i squeal like a lass when i see him coming.

and not in the wifes car either this time but my electric car i only had 8 months :(

chaps reversed at high speed down a car park lane and gone straight into the corner of the car, broke the bumper and knocked a light out - claimed not to speak english but some "friends" turned up to translate - although all they really said was put some hot water on the dent and it'll come out... its the size of the top of my head ffs

p.s. are insurers getting more pushy or is it just me? - they want to try and put a second personal injury claim in even though i told them most of the aches are from the last accident

Please note:

re: personal injury- they do this as part of a rather perverse game of pass the parcel. It has been outlawed but that doesnt seem to matter to them, they dont want to get stuck with a claim so they try and initiate one first. It also earns them a few bob for referral fees (also outlawed but hey- the ombudsman wont fine then millions)

labrat, can you post a warning on this site the next time you get in your cars to drive. We can then spread the word, to avoid another accident.

Remember the saying, ' accidents seem to happen in threes'

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

well car accident no.2 today

this time im not putting the video on view as unlike the wifes camera mine records sound and i squeal like a lass when i see him coming.

and not in the wifes car either this time but my electric car i only had 8 months :(

chaps reversed at high speed down a car park lane and gone straight into the corner of the car, broke the bumper and knocked a light out - claimed not to speak english but some "friends" turned up to translate - although all they really said was put some hot water on the dent and it'll come out... its the size of the top of my head ffs

p.s. are insurers getting more pushy or is it just me? - they want to try and put a second personal injury claim in even though i told them most of the aches are from the last accident

Why not edit it and remove your squeals. I have to say your dashcam is very good. A damn sight better than mine. I have videoed loads of idiots but no accidents (so far)

With some plastic body parts, hot water will bring out a dent quickly. Seen a few over on YT

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

labrat, can you post a warning on this site the next time you get in your cars to drive. We can then spread the word, to avoid another accident.

Remember the saying, ' accidents seem to happen in threes'

rolf i feel like that myself i seem to find myself worrying each time i get in a car now

silverfox, i might get an edited version set up at some point but not just yet... unfortunatly my dashcam is not the same brand as wifes and not quite same quality...

i have heard hot water can do wonders for dents in plastics but after looking into this one i doubt it, the dents about a foot across, maybe 9 inches high and gone about 2-3 inches in, cracked it where it meets the wing and broken the bracket for the bumper lights

you know what, to heck with it - you can put up with my bad humming and squeals - the jingle when i say some naughty words is my keys falling down the side of the chair, it jingles again after the accident when they fall out the door as i open it...

http://tinyurl.com/y7geetg7

again videos showing on mobiles but not pc so

ht tps://youtu.be/8sgDblLOukE

Please note:

it seems you were there before they started reversing (rather than both going at the same time), and they reversed into you?

the humming was worse than the 'squeal' :)

ps, vid shows on my pc

Yea insurance mentioned on the fact I was stationary and had been for a second or two before his reverse light came on..

Chap's friend rang me today didn't seem happy about having insurance involved

Please note:

Chap's friend rang me today didn't seem happy about having insurance involved

unsurprising, not only seeing as they wanted you to boil a kettle and put it on the dent :)

its not a spanner, it could well go that way in the end, commercially.

but, from labrats post #7 it seems labrats insurance are actively 'going to push for admittance of fault' from the other side, that drove into labs car.

ps, one thing here is that there is dashcam evidence. if it was just oral, then a knock may prob definitely be the result from the outset.

Personnaly I think 50/50 is always a possibility with insurance

That's my opinion after seeing someone I know getting 50/50 after two witnesses said the other drivers came though on red

This time however with video I'm hoping for otherwise

Please note:

Well got a call this morning

The other driver reported that we went diaganolly into his lane and car...

Chap at insurance hadn't seen the video turns out although enterprise and rac got it neither of them bothered passing it to the underwriter

Chap watched the video, started laughing and just said that they would definitely dispute the other sides story...

Please note:

ie if there was no vid then it would prob well have been knock for knock.

then again, it may still well be commercially.

what about the reversing incident?

mergeAdmitted liability as far as I heard

No fault team arranged repair this friday. Hire car collecting me from repair centre

Have to admit it's taking longer than i thought.

Cars still in for repair - not sure if it's because it's electric or if it's got more damage than I thought

Paying the 6.99 a day excess on the hire car so hope it's not long

As for personal injury they seem to have forgotten the second accident which is a relief in a way as it was relatively minor

The first one still has me in physio which I must admit hurts like hell but seems to help

Arrgghhh first [problem] call and Mil went for it...

They got her to open a claim on my three kids. Because I refused they contacted her

Gonna kill someone in a min

Please note:

• 6 months later...

Well 2nd accident no issue admitted it

1st one (the roundabout) had a call today from aviva

Apparently they "accidentally" paid out to settle the other side

They have viewed the video admitted the person who paid out didn't watch it. Are sending £150 as a good will gesture. Are booking the car in without paying the excess. Have settled the wife's whiplash for a bloody high amount are trying to sort mine and are rechasing the other side...

Please note:

• 2 months later...

And as the other side wouldn't reply they issued court papers last friday

Please note: