car accident - opinions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And as they still haven't replied their pushing for judgment by default

Remind me never to go with Lv (other side)

Just a mick take really

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Funny that you are Aviva and the other party is LV labrat, I had an accident on Feb 9th this year when the 3rd party pulled across into my lane on a one way system and accused me of being at fault.

After months of fighting and doing the insurers job myself, I got two business owners who witnessed the accident submitted statements supporting my claim. Still LV would not admit liability and ignored all Aviva's deadlines, eventually I rang Aviva and gave them a piece of my mind telling them that I had been left out in the cold and I wanted something sorted asap, I got a really decent lady who told me that she agreed with me and would it be ok if she took my claim on herself. This is a major party of these insurers problem is that no one or two people take on a claim and you have to go over the same ground time after time.

Anyways, this lady told me that there was considerable animosity between LV & Aviva and they (Aviva) found LV to always drag their heels and delay everything when they are at fault. So she said she would ring them and get back later that afternoon. Half an HR later I had a call back and LV had admitted responsibility, only took 6 months.

Good result

It's been nearly 12 months and in the end aviva just dealt with it themselves.

It's just been a pain in the bum from one end to the other and because the second accident is waiting to do their part of the payout based on this outcome I've just had enough

I have to admit if it wasn't for having to pay fees for cancelling I would have given in ages ago

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 1 month later...

Well 1 Year on and still not sorted

For the family hols this year both us and the in laws took our tourers to Prestatyn sands

200miles there and back no issues, dropped our tourer at home, went to take in laws home and someone goes into the side of it at a merge lane...

Get out and first thing he starts shouting is that we should have given way to him!

Kindly pointed out that he should have merged in behind us as there hadn't been room to go past at that point - according to him that was why we were at fault as those in the left lane of a merge should stop and give way to those on the right - new one on me

We're not reporting unless he does as damage seema limited to a smashed vent and scratching on a 20 year old van

If he does report we have:-

Photos of damage

Photos of junction

Photos of debris in road showing it was already halfway down to one lane at impact

Google earth footage showing merge lanes + arrows on road

Anything I'm missing as don't want this one to take as long

Please note:

That bit after a set of traffic lights where two lanes merge down to one is the bit I meant

Beleave me if I had come off a slip road and hit someone I would have been mortified

If it helps Heres the Google earth

We were in the left of the two lanes he was in the right. It shows the merge down arrows on the road (or at least thats what I've always called em)

Screenshot-20181103-150059.png

If I'm honest I would fully expect an insurance to go 50 50 just off the basis of the FIL not having a dash cam

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...

FIL got letter from solicitors today asking for money from the accident - he claimed we were overtaking him... FIL pointed out the damage on the car and Caravan says otherwise and solicitors have put it on hold - he also told them a different road than the accident happened on - gave them the GPS data from the photos

Please note:

I have seen signs saying 'Merge in Turn' regularly. It's an advisory notice only.

You don't seem to have much luck with cars do you. :)

Anyone with an ounce of common sense would understand that if the FiL was overtaking, the damage would be on the passengers side and not the drivers side (as I assume this is the case). I wouldn't accept a 50/50 as it was the other drivers fault and my suspicion that he didn't like to follow a caravan.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It's not always my luck

I'm kind of the go to person in a family with a huge amount of relatives

Please note:

• 3 weeks later...

well for the roundabout one it looks like it might finally be at an end

court is on the 31st jan, to be honest i no longer worry about if its a win or loss just that i can finally call it done

turns out their struggling with the reversing one as well, apparently its also L.V. - explains alot

Please note:

• 1 month later...

Well although I thought Thursday was d day apparently it changed as the set aside hearing was yesterday

Lv were refused the set aside and I accepted an offer today

I don't think the court on Thurs will go ahead now just waiting to confirm

Please note:

Bit of a mess there isn't it! I would have thought you would be kept fully informed during this process.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

To be fair it's not been too bad it's more that I forgot to update on here

They told me ages ago that it was going to court and I assumed (daft of me) that they already had the set aside and this was to settle liability

They rang me Friday last week to update me that the set aside hearing was Monday and that the Thursday one was to settle value but that they were contesting the set aside and that if they managed to get that refused then Thursday might not go ahead

Yesterday they told me the set aside had been refused and managed to get an offer they recommended accepting

They emailed me first thing this morning to say that Thursday now didn't need to go ahead as the offer had been agreed

Please note:

• 4 weeks later...

Money received - not really any major plans for it, so the wife took it for the holiday funds... 

And there was me wanting to buy a few bits and bobs for an experiment/project

Lookijg at taking the hot tub and adding a solar powered immersion heater into the piping to cut the bills a bit

Please note: