NatWest CRA markers***Resolved***

fredsed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This late payment marker business gets more bizarre by the day.

I sent the email to the CEO of NatWest-

as yet no reply

but to be honest I wasn’t expecting one

but it was worth a go.

I had a letter today from Noddle with the response from NatWest saying they won’t remove the data despite assurances from NatWest that they would delete this data.

I now have my latest Clear Score report at its showing a new NAtWest loan account with two missed payments in September and October this year!!!

all four CRA are showing a different record!!!

I have contacted the FOS and explained the situation and they say they will contact NatWest for an explanation as they seem unwilling to give one directly to me.

Do creditors ever report payments made against a CCJ to CRA’s?

(I can’t find anything on the web that suggest they do)

The CCJ was secured against the personal loan these markers relate to and an overdraft (they were in the same claim).

Would any payments made in lieu of the CCJ show on my credit file after the default dropped off my file?..

if yes this wouldn’t explain why Experian in showing it as 3 late payments dating back 70+ months!!

If it all wasn’t so stressful I might find it funny!

These late Payment markers refer to a Loan account that defaulted in September 2011 and was recorded as such. The default markers subsequently fell off as expected in September. It is now showing as a solitary 3 late payments maker on Noddle and Equifax but Experian is reporting it as a late payment dating back 72 months. I have started a thread for this here

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?482548-NatWest-CRA-markers&p=5078332#post5078332

Does anyone know if a creditor is a liberty to place markers on your credit report that relate to a CCJ once the original default has dropped off the credit report?

My understanding from what I’ve read is that a creditor can only apply for a judgement if an account has been defaulted.

as the default will pre date the judgment

the judgement will remain on credit file until it 6th birthday.

However any payments made in respect of the judgement may show as payment toward the outstanding balance so will these payment still be recorded once the 6+ years from DF have elapsed?

Are payments made toward a CCJ in principle a new account?

Payments to a Judgment are not connected to a default or CRAs

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sorted (well almost),

I received an email yesterday from the FOS stating that NatWest have admitted that the markers are incorrect and that they will go ahead and deleted my file... YAY!!!

They have also offered me £100 compensation.

They say it can take up to 6 week to be cleared from my CF.

Considering the huge effort this has taken in time and sleepless nights I think 100 quid is a bit low but hey the most important thing is that these markers are removed, so I’m nearly there.

By the way the woman at the FOS who has been handling my case has been excellent and the whole experience became far less stressful once they were involved.

What is most frustrating is that it really shouldn’t have been this difficult and had the action promised in the 1st instance been taken this issue could have been resolved weeks ago!!!!

Well done ..thread title amended.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 6 months later...

Hi, I received a letter from my good friends NatWest (remediation team) re a Loan that defaulted sometime in 2012. Along with a defaulted overdraft it was secured by them with a CCJ. Unfortunately this happened before I discovered this site as a sar revealed they had no paper work for either but never mind the CCJ drops off my credit file later this year.

Right back to this letter. They state that as they didn't send me NOSIA statements for a year the owe me the princely sum of £34.44 in interest i shouldn't have been charged. This money they are very kindly going to use to pay down my dept. You've got to love em. So my question is, should they have added interest to this and should I do anything about it if so.

You good advice ill be most welcome as ever.

Id be very wary of this just in case I could restart the clock.

I dont think it does because its the lender re ajusting the debt, but you know the little cherubs do underhanded things.

Others will have more knowledge

Thanks Andy,

I'm still a bit confused as to why after securing a judgment on the loan they now after 6 years would bother to check there records! I smell a rat.

I have had no end of issues with NatWest over the years.

I am paying the CCJ as the court ordered and as it drops off my credit file at the end of this year so I certainly don't wan't to do anything to re set the clock!

I've already had a fight with them last year over late payment markers that shouldn't have been on my credit file. But I've always followed your advice and it's worked for me so far.

I'm just sorry I didn't know about you guys when this all kicked off, from what I've read and discovered since there's a pretty good chance I could have defended this.

The CCJ and subsequent incorrect reporting of data has had a hugely detrimental effect on my life.

Can I claim interest on this money or am I best off leaving it well alone?

Its all connected to the CCA2006 amendments..irrespective of whether the debt is a judgment or not..the creditor must issue a NOSIA....if not they are prevented from charging interest...hence the credit.

Given the fact that your debt is subject to a Judgment its irrelevant anyway...you cant claim interest...and there is nothing to reset...your making payments as per the judgment.

Andy