Gearbox faulty again 8 months after repair

Ar0n5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently had issues with my gearbox which i had to take at a garage to get repaired, and the work was completed on the 1st March 2017.

Now I will add the work was paid for by RAC Warranty for the amount of £1400.

My receipt however doesn't breakdown the work that had taken place

however just says gearbox and labor costs (At the time i remember he said it was only a small part that needed replacing).

I didn't mind too much as the costs were getting picked up by RAC and trusted the garage.

I have now got another issue with the gearbox

however the garage don't want to take any responsibility for it and said it was 6 months warranty or 6000 miles, whatever comes first.

I then asked what exactly was done to the gearbox to repair it (ie. a breakdown of the work) and they said we don't have that information anymore.

RAC Warranty said they will not pay for the repair of the same part again so soon after it has been repaired.

I feel this is not right. Where do I stand with this and how can I get this sorted out now as I am now unable to use my car and it's used for commuting.

Please ask if you need anymore information.

Thanks

Aron

• 3 weeks later...

most likely they kept it quiet of what they actually did that's why you should of gone to a decent garage where they would of told you every detail that was replaced and covered for 12mth

but I'm pretty sure someone will come along to help you because it shouldn't breakdown so for unless it was a bodge job that seems they have done

have you checked reviews on the garage