Received Cabot Fashion World CCA Finally

London1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Cabot Group £231.13

Default date 15.1.15

OC Fashion World

I received a so called reconstituted agreement from them, along with a letter saying they now consider the agreement enforceable.

It looks like something a 10 year old could knock together on Word, but I was hoping someone who knows better than me could tell me if it's enforceable.

Neither the agreement or the terms & conditions are dated, if that makes a difference. They also sent a statement of charges. About £30 of that £231 are interest charges !

Should I just sit tight and wait for a claim form or is there anything else I should be doing here. I have attached the documents,

Thanks in advance

cabotcca.pdf

cabotccatc.pdf

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What date did you enter into this agreement ?

I assume your signature is not on it or you have blanked it out ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi there, thanks for responding,

Agreement taken out Nov '13,

No signature present,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

IF cabot have the debt, then its unenforceable. be it charges, penalty fees, incorrect paperwork etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi there, thanks for responding,

Agreement taken out Nov '13,

No signature present,

Then the above would be deemed acceptable with regards to compliance to sections 77/78.....assuming all the details are correct and an exact copy of the original agreement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Worth just paying up as it's only £231 just to remove the threat of a claimform?

Wait for any claim form then pay....or possibly defend and see if they can proceed...and if you lose then pay...no CCJ?

Ok, do you have a full set of statements from OC or Cabots? You say interest charges of £31 but what about charges and fees from the time the account was active. These will almost certainly be unlwful and unfair so agin get the figures and use them to beat them with if they send a POC as under the new rules getting that wrong will incur penalties of up to 50% of the value of the claim Give them your figures at the correct time and they will have to drop the claim and you will have cost them money and saved yourself a few quid. Put aside a small amount on a regular basis into another account ready to pay up what is actually due when the time comes

Dont pay until you find out whats wrong with the debt. Cabot dont enforce legit debts. They never have. Theres always something wrong with them. Theyre exactly like marlins were/are. Bottom feeders.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Great advice here as always, I will wait for the claim form if and when it arrives, will deal with it

no, get the statements sorted out now so you have somehting to use if a claim does land on your doormat. Leave it until that ;ppoint and you are on the back foot trying to get info when you then only have a fortnight to respond. Do your homework now so you can be confident about waht the furure is

Great advice here as always, I will wait for the claim form if and when it arrives, will deal with it

Thanks. The Statement that Cabot sent, is itemised with list of everything that was brought and a list of interest charges, it is a significant amount for such a small debt too

Would you suggest is is worth sending an SAR to Fashion World?

Are interest charges a good defence?

I ask this because I have another similar one from Capquest, and just looked through the statement, there is more than £400 in interest !

no.

yes get an sar running

you never know what it will throw up

but remember

the claimant if a claim is issued

can ONLY rely upon what they produce

what you hold you keep to yourself unless advised otherwise

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Great thanks, I will get an SAR out .