Samsung refuse to fix phone under warranty **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if anyone could advise me here on my next step as I am disgusted by the service I have received from Samsung.

I bought a Samsung 8+ from carphone warehouse around 4 month ago for over £800

all of a sudden the volume button jammed,

I did not drop it or anything,

it just stopped working all of a sudden.

I took the phone into my local repair centre who said it would be £40 to fix, but as it is still under warranty to contact Samsung and get it repaired for nothing.

This is where the problems started.

Firstly they send a courier round to pick the phone up and it does not go to Samsung, it goes to a company they use called Anovo which is based in Norwich.

I then get a email a week later saying the repair is not covered under warranty and so it will be £63 to repair, press accept or decline, if you decline the phone will be sent back to you within 48 hours un-repaired. They also sent numerous emails out with mine to others as I got them all, saying the same thing to other customers and the same price to fix.

I got a little suspicious with this and googled their name and I have never seen such disgusting reviews for a company in my life.

The accusations are constant, saying it's not a problem thats covered under warranty and then people refusing to pay, taking it elsewhere and finding out it is a phone problem, so a blatant attempt at [problem]ming people.

Some saying they invented repairs like smashed screens in transit, people refusing to pay and the phone coming back with no crack at all.

Phones not been returned at all and Samsung or the company refusing to answer them.

Repairs paid for and then returned and the work not being done,

phones coming back in a worst state than they were sent,

the list is endless with 90% of people giving them 1 star.

Google anovo phone repairs and you will see.

I obviously refused to pay and asked for my phone to be sent back,

this was a week ago and after the promise of 48 hours

I got in touch with Samsung through message on Facebook,

they have stated my phone is still at the centre !!

I then went back to the reviews and a lot of people stated they were waiting weeks or it never came back at all.

The reviews also stated they do not answer their phone,

I tested this theory out and its true,

I have rung numerous times with no answer,

Samsung say they can't do anything,

even though they told me to use them.

Although its only a week, after reading the reviews I have a real fear this phone will be there for weeks/months or I may not get it back at all and if I do it will be worse than when I sent it. I cannot go without a phone for weeks on end, I should not have to.

This phone is under warranty and they refuse to fix it, they are keeping hold of the phone for no reason as its still there a week after me demanding they send it back, they refuse to answer the phone, Samsung wont do anything, if it was under contract id cancel my payment, but I bought it outright.

Is there anything I can do at this stage? Also what would be the course of action if this phone does take weeks or does not come back at all?

Thank you for any advice on this, I am done trying to get help from Samsung and can't get in touch with the repair centre.

Paul

HI Paul

Read plz... this is my experience with Anovo

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?479815-Hey-ANOVO!-You-Flunked-The-Stooge-Test

My advice here -

Might be worth going to the CEOs office - http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulLinks/emailtheceo.html

Also as well have you sought a repair direct from a Samsung repair store - We have one close to me in Croydon that are very good. London have quite a few - Appreciate that might not be an option.

Finally you could email ANOVOs CEO -

I got a response in less then 30 minutes from them opening at 9AM from their Senior Customer Relations Team... I sent the email at 10 pm the night before.

My end result - Told them to Foxtrot Oscar and Samsung took full responsibility after i chucked them a letter before action - They contacted me by 11 am to arrange the best way to resolve this

Trust me - It works. Subsequently - Samsung resolved the issue by letting me drop it into the Croydon Store while i was at work and they reported ANOVO hadn't repaired the screen at all and botched the attachment process.

Because i was so impressed, I upgraded to the Note 8 in September when it was released :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for the advice, can you tell me what you mean by this please Told them to Foxtrot Oscar

My local Samsung repair centre is 25 miles away and the reason I sent it away,

thinking it would go to some Samsung repair centre,

not some 3rd party cowboy outfit.

I can't use this as an option as I have no phone back from them,

they have had it two weeks now,

they won't pick up the phone and Samsung are useless,

they keep saying you will have to take it up with the repair centre sorry,

I can't you idiots, they won't answer the phone.

Why should I have to chase my own phone up when Samsung sent it these clowns?

Why is it not their responsibility to chase it up,

where they send it is of no concern to me.

My real concern is this phone will be stuck with them for weeks or not come back at all which so many people have stated happened.

Why in the hell do Samsung give these people the contract?

what would you suggest, emailing Samsung first? If no joy, emailing CEO of Anovo?

Who should I send the letter before action to? Samsung or Anovo?

And when, if I get nowhere, sorry little confused here.

I will do this, I would camp in a Samsung shop all day if need be until its resolved, sick to the back teeth of companies ripping people off and trying to get away with consumer laws.

Thanks again

your contract is with CPW, not Samsung so let them send it back and take it up with CPW directly. They can send it back if they wish or give you a new phone or a refund, the choice is theirs. What they cant do is blame other people for their liabilities.

Thanks, I will do that and wish I had in the first place, now though my concern is getting the phone back, which is proving a problem as they still have it according to Samsung, who refuse to chase up why they have not sent it back and the repair centre won't answer the phone, so I'm stuck now just hoping it does come back with no idea if or when it will. My other concern is in what condition it comes back as many have said it came back in a worse condition and with more problems when these people had touched it, hence CW may say it has been tampered with/opened etc and now not covered.

But once/if I get it back I will do as you say. One thing is though I don't have the receipt, but they will have the sale on their system surely as I paid part cash and part card, plus the phone hasn't been out a year anyway and the device is registered to me.

Thanks for the advice, can you tell me what you mean by this please Told them to Foxtrot Oscar

My local Samsung repair centre is 25 miles away and the reason I sent it away, thinking it would go to some Samsung repair centre, not some 3rd party cowboy outfit. I can't use this as an option as I have no phone back from them, they have had it two weeks now, they won't pick up the phone and Samsung are useless, they keep saying you will have to take it up with the repair centre sorry, I can't you idiots, they won't answer the phone. Why should I have to chase my own phone up when Samsung sent it these clowns? Why is it not their responsibility to chase it up, where they send it is of no concern to me. My real concern is this phone will be stuck with them for weeks or not come back at all which so many people have stated happened. Why in the hell do Samsung give these people the contract?

So what would you suggest, emailing Samsung first? If no joy, emailing CEO of Anovo? Who should I send the letter before action to? Samsung or Anovo? And when, if I get nowhere, sorry little confused here.

I will do this, I would camp in a Samsung shop all day if need be until its resolved, sick to the back teeth of companies ripping people off and trying to get away with consumer laws.

Thanks again

your contract is with CPW, not Samsung so let them send it back and take it up with CPW directly. They can send it back if they wish or give you a new phone or a refund, the choice is theirs. What they cant do is blame other people for their liabilities.

Thanks, I will do that and wish I had in the first place, now though my concern is getting the phone back, which is proving a problem as they still have it according to Samsung, who refuse to chase up why they have not sent it back and the repair centre won't answer the phone, so I'm stuck now just hoping it does come back with no idea if or when it will. My other concern is in what condition it comes back as many have said it came back in a worse condition and with more problems when these people had touched it, hence CW may say it has been tampered with/opened etc and now not covered.

But once/if I get it back I will do as you say. One thing is though I don't have the receipt, but they will have the sale on their system surely as I paid part cash and part card, plus the phone hasn't been out a year anyway and the device is registered to me.

Hold on here - The OP should be continue dealing with Samsung and Anovo in this case until they receive the handset back

Give me 2 seconds and i will have a read through the 3 posts in full and offer next advice.

----

Extra - Right so now you need to contact Samsung & ANOVOs Execs because they are messing you around. Make it clear to both teams that they have failed you.

Draft a letter stating they have 14 days to return and repair the phone otherwise you will take further action as it is them who have lost / currently have your phone.

You chose to go to Samsung because it was manufacturers warranty and they should repair it properly.

Draft your letters, send them via email and the link i gave you and lets see what happens... :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

They say they can't repair it without me paying, as the fault does not come under manufacturers warranty. This is what I got

Your device has been examined by one of our technicians and we have found that the repair required is not covered under the manufacturers warranty.

We are still able to repair your device but there will be a cost to completing the repair.

To ACCEPT or DECLINE the quotation, you will need to proceed to our payment portal via the link below

If we dont here from you within 5 days, we will send you a reminder. Please read our terms and conditions relating to "no customer response" via our portal.

I responded twice and there has been no reminder, they promised it back within 48 hours once I declined, Samsung say they still have it but won't chase it up. So do you suggest I just ask for the phone back in 14 days or it to be repaired. The reviews are full of them saying it's not covered under warranty, only for people to get their phones back and take it elsewhere and find it was a fault with the phone, as I'm sure in my case as I have done nothing to the phone, not dropped it or anything. The volume button just stopped working. So do I tell them I want it repaired or just sent back?

Just don't want to draft the wrong letter.

Thanks again

You wont draft a wrong letter.

Your phone is missing as they haven't returned it - State you have 14 days to complete the repair as it IS under warranty. If they do not then you will take legal action to recover the cost of the phone they have not returned.

Base it upon Samsungs RRP on the site. :)

However the whole point is to break the process and get someone who can take ownership of your case so YOU DONT have to keep chasing :)

Once you get the phone back, If nobody is playing ball then by all means go to CPW but i think they use ANOVO sometimes too :/

The reviews are right, just look at what happened to me...

It should be covered providing no damage to the phone. But first we need to sort getting your phone back and getting it repaired.

If Samsung do get this sorted and you DONT want ANOVO to repair it, consider going to your nearest store and asking the Samsung's Exec team to arrange the repair FOC through them (They should so as they did in my case)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

get it back and do what you should have done in the first place

take it back to where you purchased it , the carphone warehouse

as that's the only place whereby legally you have a claim under the consumer rights act.

warranties or guarantees are not worth the paper they are written.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok the first has gone to Samsung just now, do I send the same to Anovo and demand it is fixed? Or just give them 14 days to return the phone? I guess if I demand it is fixed they will just spout again its not covered under warranty

get it back and do what you should have done in the first place

This is the problem, I wish someone could tell me how as Samsung and the repair centre refuse to help, as the person above has, this is the only action I can take now to attempt to do this.

This is the problem, I wish someone could tell me how as Samsung and the repair centre refuse to help, as the person above has, this is the only action I can take now to attempt to do this.

Can i just add DX advice is sound but with my advice and Dx's you have 2 options to get it repaired :)

Concentrate on getting it repaired and back from ANOVOs hands...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Weirdly enough and maybe because of all my badgering, not long after emails were sent and phone calls were made,

I have just had an email from UPS saying the phone is on its way back.

I will wait until I get it back and then take it to Carphone warehouse,

but hence I feel it will just go back to where it came from,

with the same answer and more weeks lost without a phone.

But we will see, thanks for all the advice so far, all appreciated.

Weirdly enough and maybe because of all my badgering, not long after emails were sent and phone calls were made,

I have just had an email from UPS saying the phone is on its way back.

I will wait until I get it back and then take it to Carphone warehouse,

but hence I feel it will just go back to where it came from,

with the same answer and more weeks lost without a phone.

But we will see, thanks for all the advice so far, all appreciated.

No Problem but if Samsung do call - Then ask if they can get it done at a repair store for you. :)

Might be better :) and itll be gone for less than 24 hours normally :)

You can drop off and collect.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

as post 9.

it under 6mts old

its for CPW to repair once

if they cant then replace/refund.

how did you pay CPW?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just got this back from Samsung

I am contacting in response to your recent communication received to the CEO of Samsung UK. I am sorry to learn of the issues you have experienced with your Galaxy S8+ handset and of your dissatisfaction with the subsequent service received.

In order to investigate further, if it would be possible for you to provide any customer reference or service reference numbers you have been supplied with during this enquiry, and if you can please forward any additional emails you have received this would be appreciated.

Once this is received, I will investigate this matter with our service centre management.

Thank you for raising this with us

I will wait until the phone comes back before replying and make sure it is in the same condition as when I sent it, as that was a very common complaint when sending to these people. I will state that I still want the phone fixing under warranty.

it under 6mts old

its for cpwicon to repair once

if they cant then replace/refund.

how did you pay CPW

I honestly am not sure, I would say it is v close to be around 6 months old, I would have to check with my bank or CPW as I paid part cash and part card (which answers your other question) I will do as you say and take it to CPW, will they be OK that it has already been looked at, should I mention whats happened or say nothing? Am I ok without a paper receipt?

yep

if Samsung offer accept .

and they

I honestly am not sure, I would say it is v close to be around 6 months old, I would have to check with my bank or CPW as I paid part cash and part card (which answers your other question) I will do as you say and take it to CPW, will they be OK that it has already been looked at, should I mention whats happened or say nothing? Am I ok without a paper receipt?

Dont say anything and also the receipt will be on their system registered to your postcode :) so they should beable to pull it for you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Give them all the references now and let them do the chasing on this one

Only reference number I have is from the repair centre and UPS state it is coming back tomorrow, so that reference number wouldn't be worth chasing up, no?

credit card?

and they

Samsung send an email confirming your customer number
I have had no email correspondence with Samsung, I contacted them through Facebook messenger to arrange repair. I have the chat log and it states a customer reference number on there, thanks.

No it was not a credit card, normal debit

Just got this from the clown factory at 9pm, after pressing decline and emailing them twice already saying I don't want it repaired.

This with me getting an email this morning from ups saying its on its way back,

now ive no idea whats happening, couldn't make it up.

Dear Paul,

Your SM-G955F (S8+) Coral Blue is currently with us for a repair.

We have not heard from you regarding the quotation we sent you on 2017-10-20.

We just wanted to remind you to either ACCEPT or DECLINE the quotation.

You need to proceed to our Payment portal via the below link to do this.