Samsung refuse to fix phone under warranty **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

refer that to Samsung

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Phone back with me, I honestly don't think it has even been looked at, certainly no factory reset. I think they just tried it on and when I would not pay, they didnt bother even looking at it. I have emailed Samsung CEO back and outlined what happened and said I still want this phone fixing without paying for it.

I honestly think it only came back because of emailing the CEO of Anovo, so thanks for that. Thanks for all the help, it has really helped, more than once on here too, people do a great job here, ill report the outcome.

Paul

so now take it back to CPW and tell them it is being returned under the CRA and you want it repaired, replaced or a refund. If they tell you to send it back to Samsung you tell them that is not part of the law as far as consumer rights go and it is for them to do one of the above, their choice which but your contract is with them, not the manufacturer. Likewise the warranty only kicks in when their responsibilities have ended, not instead of.

Agree with CPW under law - But lets see what Samsung do direct :)

Id like to think they wont mess you around now....

Have you heard back from Samsung Paul?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Not yet no, but it was sent just before the end of the working day so I did not expect too. I will see what they say first and if no joy will take it back to Carphone warehouse, just rather not do as the phone could disappear for another 2 weeks + esp if they send it back to the clowns to repair.

I could have it done for £40 independently in the same day, but its the principle

Thanks again everyone

Update:

Samsung got in touch with the service centre to see what is going on and why they did not fix it. They even admitted to not even looking at it, yet told me that he fault was not covered under warranty, so they were trying to [problem] me.

They told Samsung that the reason they did not look at it was that they asked me for a receipt of purchase and I did not supply one so they sent it back. That is utter tosh, they sent nothing of the sort and I forwarded both emails from them saying the fault was not covered under warranty, but if I pay they can do it.

So they have flapped and made up lies to cover themselves. I proved it was my phone by passing on the serial number to Samsung who checked it was registered to me and then sent out the courier.

So nearly a month now and still no working phone, I will wait until they get back to me, I could take it to carphone warehouse, but ill see where this goes first.

No because they believe the repair centre who fed them bull about not repairing it because I did not prove it was my phone per their request.

There was no request at all, just a message saying we have looked at your phone and the repair is not covered under warranty, so you will have to pay us.

They then say to Samsung, we did not look at it because he did not prove it was his after we requested.

Total lie and way of covering up for not looking at it.

My guess by reading reviews is that they have a contract with Samsung and are told if it's water damage, being dropped etc, then you have the right to charge as it is not covered under warranty.

This firm are just not even looking at phones and telling people the repair is not covered under warranty and creaming money they are not entitled to, also I reckon they send Samsung reports that phones have been fixed under warranty when they haven't so stop suspicion of this practice as Samsung asked for a report on the repair on my phone and they could not supply one and so came up with this story about not getting proof of purchase. Their reviews are beyond awful, worst i've ever seen for a company.

Someone said they worked their in one and it was shambles, with bosses not paying them for over time in some cases, all staff on minimum wage, people leaving all the time, said it was an awful place to work. I could just let it go, but I want to expose them if this is going on so others don't get conned this way.

yes very common

go for it expose them

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update to finish this story

Samsung gave me a load of spin about how happy they are with their repair centre even though I exposed them as lying, pointed to their disgusting feedback.

she said if you take it to your nearest Samsung official repair centre in person with the receipt to prove its still under warranty then they will fix it.

Firstly I took it to C.W

they said it will be two weeks or as they said you could take it to a Samsung shop,

there is one 20 miles away and they will do it much sooner.

travelled the 20 miles to Leeds city centre

told them the volume button would not work

it was stuck in safe mode.

They took it into the back and without opening it up,

just a visual look,

he said, 'as its been caused by you,

we will have to charge you for the repair, which will be £260' !!

I Said this was not caused by me,

i've done nothing to it,

how do you know what the cause is?

He said the button is damaged from you dropping it or banging it against something, that's why its jammed.

I said I have not and no way was I paying that amount.

I then walked out of the shop

by chance saw a C.W shop that did repairs in store

, took it in there and told them the issue,

they said to leave it with them and they would fix it as its still under warranty.

I then got a text 3 days later to say its ready.

He was really nice and helpful and said, a bit of dirt had gone down the side of the volume button and thats why it was stuck, it took 5 minutes to repair.

No charge.

Thanks Samsung for trying to rip me off at every stage you could and thanks C.W for being extremely helpful and honest.

Well done

Dx

and they